Popular Tags: [View All]
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomatic Skill Advanced Action Card wrote:
Diplomacy 2. You may use Diplomacy as Shields this turn.

1. Does reputation bonus apply? (The rules say it applies except on away team missions, but with the "Diplomatic skill" card, I feel like I am using Diplomacy in a very similar way as on an away team mission, at least thematically.

2. Can the reputation bonus be distributed among multiple tokens? How about actual diplomacy action cards? Example: two tokens with 2 attack each. The rules are clear that a single shields 4 card can only block one of them and the excess shields cannot be applied to the other. However, what if I instead had (a) 4 reputation? (b) a single diplomacy 4 card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - January 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the reputation bonus does not apply during combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Is this somewhere in the rules? (I.e. That it does not apply during space combat and not just during away missions?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
See page 7 of the rulebook under Interactions and especially on page 10 under Away Missions.

See this on page 10:

"NOTE: Using Diplomacy during an Away Mission is not considered the same thing as using Diplomacy as part of an Interaction; this is an important distinction for card text purposes. Also, the player’s standing on the Reputation Track does not affect their success during an Away Mission"

So, my understanding is that the Diplomacy bonus is only valid during an Interaction, and not during combat or Away Missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
So, my understanding is that the Diplomacy bonus is only valid during an Interaction, and not during combat or Away Missions.

Exactly. But, "Interaction" is defined as "any use of Diplomacy except during an Away Mission [...], including using an Advanced Action Card that allows you to spend Diplomacy in a unique way"

Therefore, using the "Diplomatic skill" Advanced action card that allows you to spend Diplomacy as shields during a space battle, constitutes an interaction (and therefore allows the use of reputation), unless a special exception to the above rule exists in the rules.

Hence my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I see.

Well the designer answered your question, so that should be authoratative.

However, it would be nice if he could resond to the last point you just made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.