Popular Tags: [View All]
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I haven't find the answer to this question:

Can the Innkeeper card be drawn back to hand with her own ability?

This is the question of timing between discard and action. At the time of the action to be taken, is the innkeeper card already on the top of the blue discard pile?

Thank You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have asked ourselves the same question and to allow it to be overly powerful, we rules like this:
You discard a card after you play it. So no, you cannot take it back. Not sure whether this is official, but that is how we play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
You have not discarded the card yet if you are in the middle of drawing the cards for the innkeeper ability. You discard the card only when you are finished the actions.

So no, you could not draw the Innkeeper again because it has not been discarded yet. In my opinion anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
katanan wrote:
You have not discarded the card yet if you are in the middle of drawing the cards for the innkeeper ability. You discard the card only when you are finished the actions.

So no, you could not draw the Innkeeper again because it has not been discarded yet. In my opinion anyway.

That's also how I play it and I'm fairly sure that I've seen Jamey state this in a thread here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The timing of taking the action and discarding the card is phrased differently in the Glossary and in the rulebook. Aynway, this timing is not really defined, just the order of the words in the sentence.

Anyway, we played also that it cannot be taken back. Too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:

That's also how I play it and I'm fairly sure that I've seen Jamey state this in a thread here.

I'm also pretty sure this was in a thread here and this was the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually worded the Innkeeper specifically to avoid this type of confusion. Here's what it says:

The key clause is "As you play this card," which means that you're in the act of playing the card--you haven't discarded it yet--when you draw the top card of 2 different discard piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.