Hide
7 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Speed enchantment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garruk TheHunter
msg tools
Didn't find an answer to this. Let's say I cast speed on a survivor, and that survivor is adjacent to a square with a zombie. Can he move past that zombie or does he need to stop on that square? The enchantment talks about moving up to 2 zones, doesn't say that it gives 2 moves actions.

To be precise, let's say I start my turn on a zone alone and I'm blocked by a walker on a adjacent zone. I use my first action to cast speed on me. Which of these happens :

1) The speed move me into the zone with the zombie and out of it. I have 2 actions left.

2) The speed move me into the zone with the zombie and I use one action with the speed left to move out of it. I have 1 action left.

3) The speed move me into the zone with the zombie then expires because of him. I move out of it with my 2 remaining actions. I have 0 action left.

Which one is the correct one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A zone with Zombies always ends your move action, no matter how far the action would allow you to move. So option 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, option 3 would be correct when using Speed as your first action. I posit one further approach, though:

Perform a Move Action to enter the Zone with the Walker. Then use the Speed Enchantment and spend one further Action to leave the Zone with the Zombie and move up to two Zones. You have 0 Actions left, but have moved three Zones total.

Actually, scratch that. I just checked the card and I forgot it can't be used in a Zone with Zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
So if I continue this thread and ask:

1.Survival can speed cast anyone no matter where the other survival are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Linssi89 wrote:

Are you asking if you can target any Survivor with Speed? If so, the answer is no.

The target of an Enchantment must be within line of sight of the caster. This isn't clear from the card itself, but it it mentioned within the Enchantments section of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Linssi89 wrote:

Are you asking if you can target any Survivor with Speed? If so, the answer is no.

The target of an Enchantment must be within line of sight of the caster. This isn't clear from the card itself, but it it mentioned within the Enchantments section of the rules.

Yes that I asking. Thank you for the clarification. Can't remember everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, unless specified otherwise on the spell, ALL enchantment spells require line of sight. It is not just limited to Speed ... Healing, etc. also require LOS to the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.