Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
The Ragados
badge
Ragados
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks!
I have not yet got this to the table but I am really keen to try it out. I am trying to figure out whether I should try to gather 4 players for it. My experience of games that use dummy players as suggested by this one is that they are a lot better if you can avoid it but wanted advice from more experienced players!

Cheers
Raggy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game is a little harder with fewer players, but the Ally mechanism works great. We were pretty unlucky in the game I played this morning, and we had to reveal EVERY card to find the 5 plots... With only 2 players, the total number of actions that can be done is very limited, we couldn't solve all dread cards in time.

The big down side to using Allies is that you basically have half the cards in your investigation deck at the end, and you split them in 2 instead of 4, so you have about the same amount of cards each as in a 4 players game, but you need to each complete twice as much challenges to get the 16 dice at the end...

So, after a limited number of playthrough, I'm under the impression it's harder with fewer players, but still doable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dev Sodagar
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
The Ragados
badge
Ragados
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
So, after a limited number of playthrough, I'm under the impression it's harder with fewer players, but still doable.

Thanks for the reply Remi!
Did you still find it as enjoyable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.