Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Because I think there are some minor drawbacks with the rules about the Fields-of-Fire and the Hit modifier for Overwatch Adjust, I created the following optional rules.

+++

Basic and Advanced Fields-of-Fire

If it is not a turreted vehicle, the Basic Fields-of-Fire is 60° to the front side of the hull.

If it is a turreted vehicle, the Basic Fields-of-Fire is 60° to the front side of the turret.

Depending on the TT-Factor of the vehicle, it has the following Advanced Fields-of-Fire:

• TT-Factor 1/2/3 = Advanced Fields-of-Fire 360°
• TT-Factor 360 = Advanced Fields-of-Fire 360°
• TT-Factor 60 = Advanced Fields-of-Fire None
• TT-Factor 120 = Advanced Fields-of-Fire 120°
• TT-Factor 180 = Advanced Fields-of-Fire 180°

There is no AP or GP Hit modifier when attacking a target within the Basic Fields-of-Fire.

There is a -2 AP or a -5 GP Hit modifier when attacking a target outside the Basic Fields-of-Fire but within the Advanced Fields-of-Fire.

If the target of a turreted vehicle is outside the Basic Fields-of-Fire, the turret has to be adjusted immediately before the attack to place the target within the Basic Fields-of-Fire.

When adjusting the turret during the Indirect Fire Step or the Direct Fire Step the TT-Factor will not be used. The turret can be adjusted to every hexside regardless of the TT-Factor. This form of adjusting of a turret is allowed only when attacking due to a Fire or Short Halt command.

When adjusting during the Overwatch Fire Step (or the Movement Phase or the Adjustment Phase) the TT-Factor will be used. Based on its TT-Factor, the turret must be able to adjust its facing a number of hexsides to place the target within the Basic Fields-of-Fire. If this is not possible, the adjusting of the turret and the Overwatch Fire is not allowed.

No vehicle is allowed to attack a target outside its Advanced Fields-of-Fire.

Overwatch Hit modifiers

If a firing unit is executing Overwatch Fire, the AP Hit modifier is -1 and the GP Hit modifier is -5.

These Hit modifiers are cumulative to the Hit modifiers for attacking outside the Basic Fields-of-Fire but within the Advanced Fields-of-Fire.

If the attacker executing Overwatch Fire is equipped with a Commander Independent Sight (see 7.48), then no Overwatch Hit modifier will be applied.

+++
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't capture the intent.

You need to look a little closer at the units with TT: 120 or TT: 180 ratings. They are ATGMs. This reflects the missiles' abilities to engage targets within wider arcs than turreted units (60 degrees) and even turretless 360 degree units, which are basically machineguns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel S
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes taking a closer look at rules and unit capabilities is always a good rule of thumb before suggesting additional or optional rules intended to "fix" things that don't need fixing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I wrote in the other thread, I still don't have the game. Therefore I don't know about the weapon systems all the vehicles have.

My thoughts are mere theoretical. I have to play it a few times. Then I can form a better opinion.

I definitley will play with the official rules as a start and pack away the house rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Russo
United States
flag msg tools
Check out the VASSAL module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.