GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 132.07

7,747 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Not Telling Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the cards are sleeved, they no longer fit into their designated space. The inserts are very nice though, so I tried to figure out how to keep them.
Here is how:

Place the sleeved damage cards underneath the box insert, below the space tiles.
Put the box insert back in, and store the Advanced Actions as one pile and the reference cards+tactic cards as another pile underneath the insert that holds the ships and the borg cubes.
All other sleeved cards should fit into the appropriate insert.

As for the encounter tokens, which I prefer to store by type:
Top rows are:
- Romulan Warbirds, Romulan Starbases, Class-K Planet
- Class-M Planet, Dominion Starbases, Class-L Planet

Bottom row:
- Borg Cubes, Borg Spheres

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what sleeves did you use?

I ordered in HCD sleeves. I'll update my post when I know if everything fits back in the box after I get them and sleeve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rankin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Dragon Shields and this seems to work reasonably well. I'm a little concerned about long term storage for the cards in the main insert area, as there is a little bump in the insert on the left side. I'm hopeful that it won't dent the cards. Ultimately, I'm likely to get Broken Token Mage Knight insert (or similar).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion, here is an alternative:

I use Swan premium sleeves for my cards and prefer to include all player components (cards and tokens) in separate bags, so you can speed up setup by just tossing the player his respective bag. These bags would be too large for the aforementioned storage solution.

So, I just used the most useful part of the inly, i.e. the token bank, the storage for the minis and the storage for the tiles. I removed the main inlay and cut the tile storage out of the the main inlay. Here is what my storage solution looks like:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just threw out the insert for the ships and cubes and now have plenty of room for my sleeved cards (tin men). The ships are now in the compartment for the cards. Works out well enough for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
der_mandarin wrote:
I just threw out the insert for the ships and cubes and now have plenty of room for my sleeved cards (tin men). The ships are now in the compartment for the cards. Works out well enough for me.

I did this. It's not ideal for the miniatures, but it seems to be working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Telling Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:
But what sleeves did you use?

I used UlraPro and Arcane Tinmen. I did not put the cards back into the inlay the way they came, but 90 degrees turned. They fit in well that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.