Subject: Importance of having the ABDA HQ on the board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So today, I was playing the short scenario (1942) and at the end of the turn, during the attrition phase I lost all the Dutch units due to being out of supply as I had elected not to choose to keep the Arcadia Conference event card. So is there any case where you would choose not to take that card? It looks like you would really need this HQ, maybe placed in N-Australia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it looks like I misread the attrition rules. As aI brought MacArthur back in Australia, the DEI units are in range of a friendly HQ and will survive another day: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/513450/supply-turn-two

So maybe ABDA is not as crucial
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ABDA is mostly a threat to Japan that if they don't secure the DEI quickly the Allies can make it a costly slugfest. That said if your opponent merely isolates ABDA rather than take it out there's the potential for ABDA mischief down the road...

On a side Note ABDA can't go to Australia, it has to be a port in Java, Borneo or Celebes (I'm not sure if Sumatra is allowed, I'll have to check again).

But no no that essential, MacArthur can certainly keep the Dutch from being axed from the board due to attrition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the ABDA placement restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
macfix wrote:
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the ABDA placement restrictions.

Its on the Arcadia Conference card...

The ABDA HQs main impact is it turns on the Dutch air force AZOI and enables the movement of CW forces that if not blocked by Japanese forces enables some defensive moves that can really slow down the attack if some other circumstance enters the equation like ISR or other factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.