Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Valdes
United States
Chamblee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the site is no more, and those of us who have not gotten the booster cards will be left hanging...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Steeves
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it grand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Steeves
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from his 2 uploads at deviantart in late July, he has been a ghost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SON-OF-A......

angry angry angry angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was giving him a ton of slack knowing that he is a one man operation under a mountain of work, but the radio silence has been unacceptable.

I knew it was going to take awhile to get the missing cards from my exotic predators upgrade pledge, but now I'm thinking this game really is dead. Might be chucking this into the fire this winter since it's unplayable.

I can't bring myself to buy a new complete copy and support someone who turned tail and ran, but once the sour taste leaves my mouth maybe I'll pick up a used Kickstarter copy.

I still sort of feel sympathy for Herschel, but he's had so long to say ANYTHING about the situation and continues to not. I've Kickstarted 34 projects and while a few were rocky, this is the first one that burned me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before everyone gets too carried away with the pitchforks, a suspended web hosting account is not the end of the world. Not yet. It happens.

Everything everyone has said about his lack of communication etc etc I am completely on board with, don't get me wrong. I'm still waiting on my decks too.

All I'm saying is that this one event is not the final nail in the coffin people might think it is.

Not yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HotdogZanzibar wrote:
Might be chucking this into the fire this winter since it's unplayable.

I wouldn't say that. I enjoy playing it a lot! It's popular in my circle of family and friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Steeves
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I ended up contacting WinGo directly and got some not very good information.

No order was ever placed for the missing Exotic Predators or Booster decks. Herschel apparently mentioned he may need to get some more printed but never actually finalized anything.

WinGo intends to follow-up with him on it, but I expect they'll be met with the same silence we have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be a great shame if the game is done. I love it, it is my favorite deck builder (I have not played them all) and I love the art. I am waiting for cards and playmats that may not come but I think I am more sorry the company did not make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
HotdogZanzibar wrote:
Might be chucking this into the fire this winter since it's unplayable.

I wouldn't say that. I enjoy playing it a lot! It's popular in my circle of family and friends.

I just meanthought that my decks are not uniform. Some have certain cards that others don't due to the ordering mistake for upgrade pledges. I could remove the new cards and use old rules, but I dont even know where to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mb
We play Apex almost constantly, it's hands down one of our favorites...so much so, that it never gets put back in the game shelves and just lives on the table.

If Die-Hard has gone under, that makes me very sad. We were definitely hoping for more Apex expansions to come down the stream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about his dinosaur minis game? It looked like it was mostly done, he even had sculpts of the pieces made I think... Seems like an odd time to disappear off the face of the earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mb
I'm thinking this is a weird transition spot between websites or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Steeves
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's still lurking on KS, his last login was on August 20th. Maybe he'll eventually decide to update us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Steeves
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pr0phetbg wrote:
I'm thinking this is a weird transition spot between websites or something.

I'd tend to agree if it weren't for all the other red flags on top of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Petraitis
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone ever wants to trade or sell the megalodon (shark) deck, please message me. I got into this game late, but am really enjoying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I was able to snag everything but the Megaladon pack when I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I hope Herschel's OK and nothing bad happened to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Williams
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not unusual for small companies to fold. In all honesty, I wonder why anyone gets into the board game business, as there isn't much money in it. But I do admire this guy for all the work he put into the game, from the art to game design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_willi wrote:
Not unusual for small companies to fold. In all honesty, I wonder why anyone gets into the board game business, as there isn't much money in it. But I do admire this guy for all the work he put into the game, from the art to game design.

Because they love board games? Or maybe its because they love creating things that (they hope) other people will enjoy? In any case, if there really isn't much money to be made in board games, and I'm deferring to what you said on that front, then it has to be out of some sense of self-fulfillment.

As for this game. I'm really disappointed in the way things turned out. The first campaign was a complete cluster. The second seemed to be much smoother, but then ended being just as much of a cluster as the first. I'm done with the game and with any game that HH might be involved with in the future. I do hope that things are ok with him and I wish him the best, but the entire ordeal has left a horrible taste in my mouth that I don't think will ever completely disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In light of this news and how much some people are disappointed in the game as well, does anyone have a Queztecoatlus deck they'd like to part with, preferably with the Alpha cards? How about the Alpha cards for Sarcosuchus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorak100 wrote:
Well, I ended up contacting WinGo directly and got some not very good information.

No order was ever placed for the missing Exotic Predators or Booster decks. Herschel apparently mentioned he may need to get some more printed but never actually finalized anything.

WinGo intends to follow-up with him on it, but I expect they'll be met with the same silence we have.

Is there any way we could put together a group order and somehow have it filled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Steeves
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of wondered the same thing really. I feel like even if WinGo gave a reasonable threshold for orders, there's still the shipping costs and there's just no easy way to distribute unless everyone was in reasonably close proximity (the same country). It'll be a much more cost effective solution for me to just print my own cards with the digital files. I'll be looking into printing options this coming week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey A
msg tools
mbmb
And now the domain is parked. I'm tempted to buy it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.