Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am about to play my first game of WTF1940 and have set up scenario 1. There are five French units that appear not to start the game on the map, nor appear as reinforcements:

1DLC - 17 GRCA, 1/75 RATTT, 2/75 RATTT, 75 EDAC

4DLC - 2/77 RATTT, 31 DRAG

What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not near my copy but there are a few French optional units. They have a slight graphic difference. It could be the ones you listed. There is a reference in the rules somewhere, might be in the notes.

Perhaps someone else with there copy can be more definitive.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Parsons wrote:
I am about to play my first game of WTF1940 and have set up scenario 1. There are five French units that appear not to start the game on the map, nor appear as reinforcements:

1DLC - 17 GRCA, 1/75 RATTT, 2/75 RATTT, 75 EDAC

4DLC - 2/77 RATTT, 31 DRAG

What am I missing?

Hi Andy -

In the Design Notes at the beginning of the rulebook, Olivier writes (under Order of Battle),

"The two French DLCs were sent east of the Meuse at the start of the German attack to slow down its advance. On the 12th of May, in view of the infantry divisions’ delay in taking up their positions, the order was given to the DLCs to retreat. It’s quite difficult to know exactly which units of these two divisions actually took part in the battle we are concerned with, and in what condition they were in at that point. I’ve chosen to figure all the units mentioned at least once in the numerous, and sometimes contradictory, sources I consulted. Their condition at the start of the game depends on the accounts of the combats they were involved in east of the Meuse. If you have sources that indicate an error in my judgement, please let me know. In any event I have decided to include the units that I haven’t featured in the battle on the counter sheet (their designations are in white on the counters); in this way you can correct things on your own if necessary."

I think all the units you mention have that white unit designation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks very much. You are right J.R., they do have white unit designations. That will teach me not to skip the designer's notes in future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.