Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is playing the saint. He has two tommy guns and can use them both at the same time. This is a bit over-powered for an infinite ability but we are just learning.

Here's my question... she is in a room fighting two swarm monsters. In the adventurer phase, our understanding is that she initiates combat against one monster. In her case she can area attack and attack both of them.

In the tomb phase it states that each monster initiates combat against one adventurer in the room. She is the only one in the room so each swarm monster would attack her correct. And this means she gets two area attacks since combat happens simultaneously just like the adventure phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no, she could not use area attack as she is defending against the creatures' attacks.

Although the way it plays is the same, in the Tomb phase you are rolling for defense rather than attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my understanding that Combat is the same in the Tomb phase as in the adventure phase with the exception of "Out Number Bonus" The creature will engage the Hero with the most Soul Shards, if tied then the players decide who will perform Combat with the creature. I agree The Saint is overpowered unless ofcourse your dice don't like you like mine during the Upkeep Phase. I lose everything except Status Effects cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Steven,

You're correct. You can thematically think of it as "Defending yourself" however, combat is treated exactly the same except for outnumber bonus

All of your above assumptions are also correct

Thanks!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
I would say no, she could not use area attack as she is defending against the creatures' attacks.

Although the way it plays is the same, in the Tomb phase you are rolling for defense rather than attack.

And yes, as you said, you can't "Area Attack" when the creatures are attacking. Because, it's not your turn and you're not spending an action do attack. Additionally, you wouldn't need to area attack because they will all attack you anyway (if you're alone in the room and / or have the most shards.

Thanks!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.