Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone that has played both care to share their thoughts? How similar in feel, more or less strategy, which one do you prefer, etc.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Played both at least 10 times now. There is a definite similarity, but Dalek Dice is an even stronger game. There are more moving parts, and some chances to score massively in a single round and come from way behind and win. It's also harder to completely wipe out and score zero, as in martian dice, so it's a quicker game.

I'm keeping both for now, but I think Dalek is a better game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! That sounds good. I might pick it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
To offer the counter point, we have both and prefer Martian Dice (although admittedly we have played that much more often). So many opportunities missed by no colour differentiation of the dice in Dalek Dice was a big minus for everyone in our family and we are all certified Doctor Who fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I just felt that one DD, pushing your luck feels a bit more calculated, even though there are two ways to bust and get 0. There are two different multipliers also (compared to one in MD).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
To offer the counter point, we have both and prefer Martian Dice (although admittedly we have played that much more often). So many opportunities missed by no colour differentiation of the dice in Dalek Dice was a big minus for everyone in our family and we are all certified Doctor Who fans.

Apart from the color differentiation (which I agree could have been better, but doesnt botger me that much) is there any otger reason you prefer Martian?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to go back and play it again, but the collective decision from the three of us was that we all preferred Martian Dice. Which, admittedly doesn't actually answer your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
I'd have to go back and play it again, but the collective decision from the three of us was that we all preferred Martian Dice. Which, admittedly doesn't actually answer your question.

No worries, thanks for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.