Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hsu

New York City
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens in the following situation

- I have one settlement touching a location (say, a Tower)
- I use a Paddock to jump that one settlement away from the location
- I then use my Mandatory Action to build another settlement at the exact same place

Do I lose my Tower ability the moment I jump my guy away, or do I keep it, because I still have an adjacency at the end of my turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You lose it. The tile you collected is discarded from the game. When you rebuild next to it, you get another if there is still one there.

If you pull it off, it's a good strategy to keep someone else from gaining an ability tile from that location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That first answer isn't right. The rules clearly state you can only get one tile from a given location. That doesn't mean one at a time. You would need to go to a different location to regain the same tile you lost if there is another location for that same tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
That first answer isn't right. The rules clearly state you can only get one tile from a given location. That doesn't mean one at a time. You would need to go to a different location to regain the same tile you lost if there is another location for that same tile.

Interesting. I didn't know that was the case because the app allows this kind of play, and I have yet to see a physical copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:

Yeah? I think it does mean one at a time. What's the evidence to the contrary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
rickert wrote:

The FAQ, and clarification from Donald X.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Carthoris wrote:
rickert wrote:

The FAQ, and clarification from Donald X.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the rules themselves directly say "A player may seize only one location tile from a given location."

(Note "seize" is an action.)

That seems clearly different from an alternate (incorrect) interpretation like "A player may hold/possess/own only location tile from a given location at a time."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.