• [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
No, would you like me to snap images of the appendix?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
I am interested in seeing the almanac too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
schmeed wrote:
I am interested in seeing the almanac too.

Almanac is extra ;P

I'll get them up shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qfwfq Piovasco di Rondò
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fantastic, thanks Michael!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
kleber wrote:
Is there appendix of cards in PDF?

I'll snap pics of th almanac later (just got in from game night and have lessons to plan)...

http://m.imgur.com/a/KbqBH

I just got the occupations. Obviously some of these are great, some I suggested significant changes to names (you'll see). However, you win some and you lose some.

Almanac soonish (a day or two)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kleber barbosa
Brazil
olinda
pernambuco
flag msg tools
mb
very much thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qfwfq Piovasco di Rondò
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Michael! Do you know why for the majority of cards the deck identification code is uppercase whereas for some others cards it is lowercase?
For example, page 2:
7A Miller vs 8a Craft Leader
2C Patron vs 4c Hunter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative wrote:
kleber wrote:

I'll snap pics of th almanac later (just got in from game night and have lessons to plan)...

I just got the occupations. Obviously some of these are great, some I suggested significant changes to names (you'll see). However, you win some and you lose some.

Thanks for posting the pics!

I like how the flavor text for Bosporus Traveler says "By the way, bosporus is Greek for "cattle ford.""

Good to know. What the heck is a cattle ford? Google and Wikipedia seem to have no idea, although I did learn that Jacksonville, Fl used to be known as Cow Ford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
tullio wrote:
Thanks Michael! Do you know why for the majority of cards the deck identification code is uppercase whereas for some others cards it is lowercase?
For example, page 2:
2C Patron vs 4c Hunter

It makes no sense to me why. I'm pretty sure that I suggested consistency (upper case) to avoid visual and continuity confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
EchoOperative wrote:
kleber wrote:

Thanks for posting the pics!

I like how the flavor text for Bosporus Traveler says "By the way, bosporus is Greek for "cattle ford.""

Good to know. What the heck is a cattle ford? Google and Wikipedia seem to have no idea, although I did learn that Jacksonville, Fl used to be known as Cow Ford.

No problem. Yeah, I'm in Jacksonville or close enough. A cow ford, I believe, is someone to transports/travels cows. I think this one was a literal translation (I don't recall doing the appendix other than suggesting better sounding occupations.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
Thank you soo very much. I'm dying to get this game. This helps ease the pain while I wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
schmeed wrote:
Thank you soo very much. I'm dying to get this game. This helps ease the pain while I wait.

You're welcome to swing by if you're in the Jacksonville area. I'll gladly let you game. I'll ask two favors though, come with snacks and don't be a serial killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
I wish, unfortunately I'm all the way in Oregon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Corning
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
For example, page 2:
2C Patron vs 4c Hunter

Lowercase letters are for the starting occupations. Uppercase letters are for the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qfwfq Piovasco di Rondò
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Scotfree2 wrote:
Quote:
For example, page 2:
2C Patron vs 4c Hunter

Lowercase letters are for the starting occupations. Uppercase letters are for the rest.

Makes sense, good catch! Thanks Evan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
By request ...

The almanac...

http://m.imgur.com/a/rU34X
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
EchoOperative wrote:
By request ...

The almanac...

http://m.imgur.com/a/rU34X

Thanks for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
Thanks - I don't know how I'm going to get any work done today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally answering that perennial question...

"Who is Jorn Galte?"

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A cow-ford, ox-ford (Oxford...), Sheep-ford, etc., is a place on a river that is shallow and safe enough to bring pasture animals across. (Fording a river...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
familygaming wrote:
A cow-ford, ox-ford (Oxford...), Sheep-ford, etc., is a place on a river that is shallow and safe enough to bring pasture animals across. (Fording a river...)

Hmm. So I guess that would make the "Bosporus Traveler" a person who takes cows across a river? And, based on the card ability, in the process of transporting said cattle, the traveler must come across opportunities to buy spices or silk (but NEVER BOTH).

But I wonder what that means for the "Bosporus Merchant" whose ability has nothing to do with livestock (receive oil when you receive spices).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
familygaming wrote:

Hmm. So I guess that would make the "Bosporus Traveler" a person who takes cows across a river? And, based on the card ability, in the process of transporting said cattle, the traveler must come across opportunities to buy spices or silk (but NEVER BOTH).

But I wonder what that means for the "Bosporus Merchant" whose ability has nothing to do with livestock (receive oil when you receive spices).

Because even though "bosporus" means "cattle-ford" literally, the Bosporus is a strait in Turkey that was a hub of Asian-European trade. The Bosporus Traveller is someone who has done some trading at the Bosporus for Asian goods (silk from China; spices from India, etc.) and has returned to the north with exotic goods. (Kind of like "oxford" literally means "ox-ford", but "Oxford traveler we would automatically assume to be an academic.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
familygaming wrote:
grant5 wrote:
familygaming wrote:

Because even though "bosporus" means "cattle-ford" literally, the Bosporus is a strait in Turkey that was a hub of Asian-European trade. The Bosporus Traveller is someone who has done some trading at the Bosporus for Asian goods (silk from China; spices from India, etc.) and has returned to the north with exotic goods. (Kind of like "oxford" literally means "ox-ford", but "Oxford traveler we would automatically assume to be an academic.)

That makes sense. I guess I was reading too much into the flavor text that went out of its way to define Bosporus as being Greek for cattle ford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.