Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
<sigh>

My kingdom for more kaiju themed boardgames...

I have Godzilla KWW, Monsters Menace America, Moongha Invaders, Terror in Meeple City...even Godzilla Stomp.

How I wish there were more games in this genre.

Just venting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume you have the obvious King of Tokyo and King of New York, although I understand that these definitely do not contain Godzilla, but a legally distinct large bipedal lizard like entity that emerges from the water to destroy cities and other massive monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I have King of Tokyo...and King of New York is on the way. Though, those remind me a little more of Yahtzee with monsters. I do like them...don't get me wrong.

I wish there was currently a big Ameri-thrash boardgame that used the Kaiju/Mecha theme. Maybe having them fight, battle aliens, bust stuff up...all the usual tropes. There could be nice miniatures...buildings...armies...UFO's...all that.

I would love to see a Godzilla licensed board game with scenarios based on the 40 or so years of movies...with all the different 'incantations' of him.

I missed Monsterpocalypse, but I hear it was quite a good little game.

It's late. I'm rambling...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
A great Pacific Rim ameritrash game would be killer. Trashing cities and hitting enemies with giant boat bats is something I would play a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Creature That Ate Sheboygan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MGAC wrote:
I wish there was currently a big Ameri-thrash boardgame that used the Kaiju/Mecha theme. Maybe having them fight, battle aliens, bust stuff up...all the usual tropes. There could be nice miniatures...buildings...armies...UFO's...all that.

I hear ya. A big, plastic filled box full to the brim of miniatures, cardboard, dice and cards would be perfect. I'm not sure how they could handle the scale of this, but to me it could be something like Fortune and Glory, a huge World map board with miniatures to represent different monsters travelling the globe causing havoc. You could have little tanks, ships, planes representing the army, loads of little soldiers to represent infantry, and plastic buildings as victory point tokens or something.

Players could play either the monsters or the army, with cards to activate either, using tracking signals to locate new monsters or cards to power up or grow new ones. It could be a bit like Fury of Dracula with hidden information for both players.

I wish this existed, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espreman Etienne
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Keep in touch with SAVE THE PRESIDENT, ASVE THE WORLD !

You will love it !

https://www.facebook.com/SaveThePresident/

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/194609/save-president-sa...

KICKSTARTER in 2017 !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my boy played Giant Monster Rampage (third edition) at a miniatures show where they let us give powers to the kaiju aswell it was a blast .
After chatting to the guys they also recommended another game so we went and got Mighty Monsters which is quicker to play.
If you already have figures and scenario* to use I highly recommend both of these.

*scenery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
espretie wrote:
Keep in touch with SAVE THE PRESIDENT, ASVE THE WORLD !

You will love it !

https://www.facebook.com/SaveThePresident/

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/194609/save-president-sa...

KICKSTARTER in 2017 !

Whilst I appreciate you grafting and making your own game (and believe me I do really respect that), your game has absolutely nothing to do with the subject we are talking about, except for the word monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I am currently working on the 4th edition of Giant Monster Rampage under the working title Kaiju Rampage. You can get the beta rules from Wargame Vault.

I also have a GMR/Godzilla (it can be generic or licensed) board game I have been developing over the past few years. Hopefully, once it is finished, I can find a publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
MGAC wrote:

I hear ya. A big, plastic filled box full to the brim of miniatures, cardboard, dice and cards would be perfect. I'm not sure how they could handle the scale of this, but to me it could be something like Fortune and Glory, a huge World map board with miniatures to represent different monsters travelling the globe causing havoc. You could have little tanks, ships, planes representing the army, loads of little soldiers to represent infantry, and plastic buildings as victory point tokens or something.

Players could play either the monsters or the army, with cards to activate either, using tracking signals to locate new monsters or cards to power up or grow new ones. It could be a bit like Fury of Dracula with hidden information for both players.

I wish this existed, too!

This is a great idea. Plus, a separate battle board where the kaiju can fight in a city with modular scenery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giga-Robo! just finished their Kickstarter, and looks promising. More giant robots than kaiju, although I can't imagine the latter aren't in the works somewhere.

ZynVaded! goes to the opposite extreme: it features alien bugs that are invading the Earth, but they are real-sized. That is, the miniatures are 1:1 scale, so these guys are more about blowing up your dining set than your city block. But it still involves miniatures, beer, and pretzels, so I thought I'd mention it. They have a few days left on their KS campaign for a new edition, as well, so it's not a horrible time to get in.

Now that you mention it, it does seem like should be more games in this niche...

MGAC wrote:
I missed Monsterpocalypse, but I hear it was quite a good little game.

And you heard right. Although some might quibble with the word "little": it wasn't a very light game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check out Monsterpocalypse. It's OOP but you can find a lot of leftover stock on some of the more popular online webstores. It's everything one would want from a Kaiju themed game and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.