Subject: What should i get from my WISHLIST ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi BGG-amers (cool).
I'm traveling to the USA (yay) and i have the chance to get some board games on my wishlist. The problem is that i dont know which one to get, so i need your help. Your recommendation should be based whether you like it or not.

*DRUMS*

Here is the list:

1. Lord of the Rings - The Confrontation.
2. Bora Bora.
3. Concordia.
4. Trajan.
5. Islebound.
6. Empires Age of Discovery.
7. Mare Nostrum Empires.

Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Jørgensen
Denmark
Valby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kushnir wrote:
Hi BGG-amers (:cool:).
I'm traveling to the USA (yay) and i have the chance to get some board games on my wishlist. The problem is that i dont know which one to get, so i need your help. Your recommendation should be based whether you like it or not.

*DRUMS*

Here is the list:

2. Bora Bora.
3. Concordia.
4. Trajan.
5. Islebound.
7. Mare Nostrum Empires.

Thank you !

Well, since you haven't listed how many players you normally play with , the heavyness of your games or the age of the players, I'll be shooting a bit in the dark.

My recommendations are

1. Concordia - well allround game for all number of players, though 2p could probably use one of the expansion for a thighter map.
2. Bora Bora - very heavy, but a great Feld game with a nice diceplacement mechanic.
3. Mare Nostrum Empires - seems like a good civ-light game with lots of interaction. Consider buying a used Kickstarter-edition from someone in the area of the USA you are visiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jspjoerg wrote:
kushnir wrote:
Hi BGG-amers (cool).

*DRUMS*

Here is the list:

2. Bora Bora.
3. Concordia.
4. Trajan.
5. Islebound.
7. Mare Nostrum Empires.

Thank you !

Well, since you haven't listed how many players you normally play with , the heavyness of your games or the age of the players, I'll be shooting a bit in the dark.

My recommendations are

1. Concordia - well allround game for all number of players, though 2p could probably use one of the expansion for a thighter map.
2. Bora Bora - very heavy, but a great Feld game with a nice diceplacement mechanic.
3. Mare Nostrum Empires - seems like a good civ-light game with lots of interaction. Consider buying a used Kickstarter-edition from someone in the area of the USA you are visiting.

This is the exact replay that I wanted .
Why do i need the ks version? (I dont really like to buy used game and I dont like to pay more then needed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jspjoerg wrote:
kushnir wrote:
Hi BGG-amers (cool).

*DRUMS*

Here is the list:

2. Bora Bora.
3. Concordia.
4. Trajan.
5. Islebound.
7. Mare Nostrum Empires.

Thank you !

My recommendations are

I would think if these games are on OP's wishlist, he has checked for player count and weight and is just looking for people's opinions on these games in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2. Bora Bora.
3. Concordia.
4. Trajan.
5. Islebound.
7. Mare Nostrum Empires.

Well, Islebound's no good cause Ryan Lauket games are snoozefest boring not innovative.

Trajan over Concordia and Bora Bora for similarish point salads.

LOTR - The confrontation is Stratego ripoff.

Empires Age of Discovery is one of the best and one of the granddaddys of Worker Placement but crazy long.

Mare Nostrum Empires makes you want to play something deeper and heavier if your playing that type of game.

So choose Trajan.

Glad I as random internet stranger could choose how you spend your money and tell you what you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:
2. Bora Bora.
3. Concordia.
4. Trajan.
5. Islebound.
7. Mare Nostrum Empires.

Well, Islebound's no good cause Ryan Lauket games are snoozefest boring not innovative.

Trajan over Concordia and Bora Bora for similarish point salads.

LOTR - The confrontation is Stratego ripoff.

Empires Age of Discovery is one of the best and one of the granddaddys of Worker Placement but crazy long.

Mare Nostrum Empires makes you want to play something deeper and heavier if your playing that type of game.

So choose Trajan.

Glad I as random internet stranger could choose how you spend your money and tell you what you like.

LOTR: TC is stratego with a twist.. it looks so cool !
i can get empires for 50$. I think ill get Empires and Tajan! thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those games I have only played Concordia. But it`s a really good game. So go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J .M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played any of them but the one I want to play the most and think looks like the best game is Concordia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ask me (and it would seem that you are), LotR: Confrontation is a superb game. A very tight, tense, quick 2-player game that gets better the more you play it against the same opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the games on your list I've only played Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation. It is a very good two player game. It uses the basic idea from Stratego and adds various powers through card play. Great stuff!

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.