Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Lasso really as overpowered as it seems?
All the Mummies really need to do each turn against anyone is use Lasso and it will throw off the other teams turn every time... Is there no range or other rule in place to prevent this ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to remember that this skill does not help them. Of course they sabotage one of teams, but they don't help themselves. Skill of goblins or dwarves helps goblins or dwarves. This is crucial
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We thought so too but in our second game's final race the mummies were always comfortably in the lead. Using the lasso only "helped" their opponents get closer to the finish. Of course it may have messed them up a little but it WAS progress.

None of the other racers have a double edged sword like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Far and away, theirs is my favorite ability. We regularly would pull another cart into an obstacle (the Troll being my favorite). However, as Ignacy says, the ability of the Goblins to turn prior to going or the ramming of the Dwarves is very beneficial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a surly player in my game group the other night because The Mummy player thought it was amusing to mess with him. I kind of chalked it up to who I was playing with...

This clarification about the benefit factor makes perfect sense though. Thanks!

trzewik wrote:
You have to remember that this skill does not help them. Of course they sabotage one of teams, but they don't help themselves. Skill of goblins or dwarves helps goblins or dwarves. This is crucial

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.