Hide
7 Posts

Stronghold (2nd edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Barracks building is confusing, need a better explanation. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross Wilkins
msg tools
I really have no idea what is going on with the Barracks building. When you 'swap' units where do they come from, where do they go. How do you add more to the squares? I need a very detailed description and example. Thanks cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Examples:

You may pay two hourglasses to upgrade one archer to a soldier. Place archer in supply, take soldier from supply and place in barracks. Later you may upgrade that, or another, soldier to elite. Place soldier in supply, take elite from supply, place in barracks.

A unit anywhere on the board, in a tower, building, courtyard or at a wall can move to barracks for one hourglass.

You may swap places between two unit, one in barracks and one in courtyard or on a wall for one hourglass. Buildings are adjacent to every location in the fortress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guille Longhini
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
but qhen you get more soldiers from the aupply? the supply is what for? i found this very confusing too!

please someone explain to me.

And also, the orders for heroes? where you put? when?

thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The supply for the defender is every playing piece that is not currently on the board.

Look at Rodney Smith's learn to play video in the video section. He explains everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Wilkins
msg tools
So, I think I got it.

It takes 2 hour glasses to upgrade a unit from a barracks unit (White to green, green to red)

Separately, it takes 2 hour glasses to add a new unit from the game's outside supply to the barracks spots, either white, green or red.

Does this sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not separately. If you have a white in barracks and pays 2 to upgrade, place it in supply and take a green from supply and place it in barracks (must have room). That is the only way.
You can not fetch units from supply if not part of an upgrade. Note that any white units in supply are obsolete since you have no way of getting them back on the board. That includes that extra unit your game got delivered with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make it clear. Any units in the barracks are free to move as they wish from the start of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.