Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

When performing an action space, is it mandatory to be able to perform the whole action or is it ok to do just part of it?

Example: Fisherman: Can i pick a sheep if I am not able (or don't want) to move the Fish Trap Tool indicator to the right?

I understand that the second part of the action (Take 1 Food per Fish Trap) can be done as the separated line means "and/or". But for the first part of the action space there is no "and/or" indicated.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you need to increase the Fish Trap tool if possible (and I think it's rare that you wouldn't want to, given that it's always good), but if it's already full, you can still pick perform the other parts of the action and get the sheep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks.

My example is maybe not the best, as I just red there was an errata in the French rulebook -> it is not clearly written that the Fish Trap is free, whereas it is indicated in other language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the main rule of thumb here is "don't be a dick". In other words, you can't take the weaving spot if you have nothing to weave (just to block the other player)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You absolutely can take the weaving spot if you have nothing to weave.

See a ruling by the publisher in How much of each action do you HAVE to perform?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Kerkhoff
Colombia
flag msg tools
huh
On a similar note, would it be allowed to play the Farmer and only plow Fields for the amount of Plows you already have, without buying a new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
East Sooke
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
You absolutely can take the weaving spot if you have nothing to weave.

See a ruling by the publisher in How much of each action do you HAVE to perform?.

Huh, nice spot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.