Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Bieder
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi there!

I'm an all new (but proud) Arcadia Quest owner. I love the design and the concept of the game.

Now I question myself how to extend the base game the best way, because there are several expansions and add-ons available.

Should I buy Beyond the Grave first? (because BtG seems not to be compatible with Inferno, etc.)
Should I skip Beyond the Grave and purchase Inferno, Frost Dragon and Pets?
Should I buy Hero-Expansions?

Also I have a German Base Game version, can I combine it with English expansions? (we speak both languages in our group)

Thank you!

Greetings from Austria

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fahad Malallah
Kuwait
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi there

to answer ur questions ill say
if you still feel the original arcadia quest campaign has some life in it but you are bored with the same heroes buy the heroes

if you had enough of the original campaign bytg xpac adds a lovely campaign not as big as the original but as good ill say

inferno is a mix of both previous answers in matter of what will it offer but it's not happening soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
You asked for the smartest way, to me the smartest way is BTG first, new campaign, cool monsters, new equipment and the tombstone mechanics

Then I would not purchase extra heroes as inferno will double your hero pool, I would wait for that.

Last I would look into pets also, because it's compatible with all of them and brings a new mechanic.

But Above all IMHO the smartest way is to complete a campaign with the base game before thinking of expanding it ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bieder
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
@M0ebius, that's exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks

Just to be sure: Will BtG also extend Inferno?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Cluster5020 wrote:
@M0ebius, that's exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks

You get 2 new characters, upgrade cards and an entirely new campaign (missions, 3 tiles, new enemies bosses etc)

Once you feel like you're bored with Beyond the Grave and Original, you can always mix the two. Like randomizing which monsters\bosses appear in which scenario. Heck, you can even mix up reward cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For immediate expansion: Beyond the Grave, retail heroes, or secondary market guildmaster box are your only options. If you are looking to expand immediately, Beyond the grave offers the largest expansion with a new campaign, new monsters, the tombstone mechanic, and two heroes. The retail heroes let you pick and choose heroes you might like. The guildmaster box is more for if you have a completionist mindset and HAVE to have all the heroes.

Print & Play: All of the guildmaster heroes have a file located here in the AQ threads on BGG that allow you to proxy heroes with the guildmaster abilities.

Undelivered kickstarters: Inferno & Masmorra: Masmorra will provide an entirely new game. If you have a friend who has a spare set coming to your area, you might want to pick it up. They are being delivered in November by all reports, and would mean at least 19 new Arcadia heroes to you with just the base pledge AND a whole other game.

If you can get in on an Inferno pledge still, this will give you a crazy amount of heroes and possibly extra content with the dragons and pets expansions. If your group likes AQ, and you can still get a Kickstarter copy of this, I would suggest prioritizing these two kickstarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, Beyond the Grave is the best option at the moment. You can always add an extra character here or there too if there is some that really interest you (like nibbles is a cool one).

Most of the other options aren't even available for the game yet anyway. If you really want a good deal for your money, you can try to pledge for Inferno to get all of the Kickstarter extras, but it might be too late to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CQ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cluster5020 wrote:
@M0ebius, that's exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks :)

To answer your question, BtG and Inferno will be incompatible with each other.

The Pets expansion will be compatible with both the base game and Inferno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy Nibbles and more dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bieder
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for the detailed answers!
So I will definitly go for BtG. But if possible I will seek for the Late Pledge of Inferno (wish me some luck there).

Arydis4 wrote:
Print & Play: All of the guildmaster heroes have a file located here in the AQ threads on BGG that allow you to proxy heroes with the guildmaster abilities.

This sound quite nice. But I couldn't find the file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cluster5020 wrote:
I couldn't find the file.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/114242/promo-and-extras-h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Cluster5020 wrote:
Thank you for the detailed answers!
So I will definitly go for BtG. But if possible I will seek for the Late Pledge of Inferno (wish me some luck there).

Arydis4 wrote:

This sound quite nice. But I couldn't find the file.

Good luck with finding the pledge, that would definitely bring you the best bang for your bucks. I agree on nibbles, its a cool hero and already available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.