Quebec 1759» Forums » General

Subject: last battle in Abraham rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Stumph
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
It seems like there will be many games where the last battle in Abraham does not happen because of the rule that when both sides are moving units to the zone each is moving from the battle is fought in the zone from which the weaker force came. So if the French have equal to or more units than the British force on the last turn of the game they simply move out of Abraham to meet the lesser British force(in units) and the game is over because the last battle is not fought in Abraham. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I've played it (with various people, as either side) the Brits have always damaged the French so much by the last turn that they outnumber the French (and easily win a last battle in Abraham).

I've heard others say they think the game is balanced, or even that the French have the advantage. Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek Stumph wrote:
It seems like there will be many games where the last battle in Abraham does not happen because of the rule that when both sides are moving units to the zone each is moving from the battle is fought in the zone from which the weaker force came. So if the French have equal to or more units than the British force on the last turn of the game they simply move out of Abraham to meet the lesser British force(in units) and the game is over because the last battle is not fought in Abraham. Am I missing something?

If the French have more blocks at the end, the British player has already lost. I don't play the most recent edition, but in the previous edition, the Brits must concentrate on causing French desertion. I've never seen the French with more blocks than the Brits at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say I far prefer the first edition with the decoy units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.