Arcadia Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katja Koerber
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi, I really fell in love with that game but I have to more questions:
Do I have to put a 'dead' hero again or can I play with two heroes to the end to avoid death tokens?
And if I kill a hero from the other guild and this was my last quest to win, does the other player gets a death token? Because the rules say that the game ends right at this moment? Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
arwen1979 wrote:
Hi, I really fell in love with that game but I have to more questions:
Do I have to put a 'dead' hero again or can I play with two heroes to the end to avoid death tokens?
And if I kill a hero from the other guild and this was my last quest to win, does the other player gets a death token? Because the rules say that the game ends right at this moment? Thank you in advance!

The answer is "Yes" to both your questions.

When you rest, all you dead players come back onto the board. You could just keep one character out of harms way (or at least try to) but you do have to put the character on the board.

If the game ends when you kill another player's hero, he still gets a death token.

Such a fun game! Keep enjoying it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the death token when your hero dies, not when he is respawned so he is going to get at least one anyway. If you have a hero that is weaker and keeps getting killed, you still have to respawn him when you rest, but you can certainly keep him in the back, out of danger and focus on using your other two. I've actually played through and entire scenario once using only one hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arwen1979 wrote:

You are not required to resurrect a dead hero, so yes, he can stay dead for the duration of the scenario.

From page 18:
"■ RESURRECT HEROES
Any of the player’s killed Heroes may be resurrected and brought
back into the game."

Keep in mind he will get one death token for being killed, but if he remains killed he can't get more.

It can be a good strategy if you have a weak hero - perhaps because of a death curse card, or other reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katja Koerber
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.