$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 104.16

6,533 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Hey All-

Just wondering if this question has been asked before or if maybe someone from FFP can weigh in.

'Drifter's Secret' says that when the hero dies and comes back next Adventure, they start that adventure with no Grit.

But - the other upgrade 'No Name' says to start every Adventure with Max Grit.

I've been leaning towards ruling that it starts with no Grit because of being immortal seems so powerful. But tbh I see an argument for 'No Name' overriding that as well. Like the "Drifter's Secret' takes effect resurrecting the hero with no Grit (and madness) and then 'No Name' takes effect after that giving the hero Max Grit.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been assuming you get no grit.
Because a) whenever there's two interpretations, it's best to use the less beneficial one.
And B) youre right, immortality is very strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In all previous FFP games, the prevailing wisdom for combining effects like this is "do all the additions first, then all the subtractions." While this is technically not a subtraction (it's a value assignment), it plays like one.

So yeah, no grit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you do not start with grit. As a general rule, negatives override positives whenever there is a conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.