United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently finished the mechanical skeleton of a kid-friendly RPG that's centered on adventures in and around a Hogwarts-style campus. The structure of the game is intended to be run and played by kids, but right now the rules are still written with an adult in mind to explain things.

It's extremely basic at the moment... I'm trying to get some field data on how to proceed with this, so to that end it is mostly just rules and assumes players will make up the setting as they go, based on their knowledge of Harry Potter, or otherwise creating a completely new school of Wizardry.

The game is intended for a gamemaster plus 1-4 kids, ages 9 and up. It has the virtue of being diceless, so it can be played on long car trips or in locales where a gamespace might not be available.

I'm looking for actual play feedback, not a rules readthrough. If anyone is interested, I'd appreciate the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump... Anyone else interested? In theory, this is a great gateway RPG for the wee ones (over the age of 8).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eric,

This sounds like something my kids would enjoy (wife and daughter are actually going to the 'Potter fest' near Philly this weekend!), but I have to offer the following caveats.

1) I work as a game developer (GMT games, Compass Games, among others).

2) Free time with the kids seems to be a mythical beast these days (one is 9, the other 11 ... and both heavy into scouts and other extracurricular activities).

So while I would be interested, I would not be able to guarantee anything - nor anything in a 'prompt' time frame. So if you are looking for immediate feedback, I'm probably not the best choice.

Otherwise, geekmail me and I'll give you a regular email address that you can provide access to components, etc.

Good luck on your game either way!

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do! If it helps at all, it's diceless... in theory you could play it on car trips, once you guys grok the simple mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.