4 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How To Beat Twins List With Gideon and C-3PO? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SlyFox
msg tools
mb
I have been playing against someone for a while now and I have been unable to come up with a list nor a strategy to beat my opponent. He is running

- Luke
- Leia
- C-3PO
- Gideon
- Rebel Troopers
- eEcho Troopers

He uses Gideon and C-3PO to focus Luke and Leia, which then go on to shred my troopers list to pieces. Their +2 recover also give me a hard time taking down Luke or Leia.

Any tips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Troopers are probably the strongest list in the meta right now. Twins lists did not feature in the top of the Gen Con North American Championship Tournament.

Troopers means 2 Elite Stormtroopers and then a variety of support pieces.

For support pieces, 2x Imperial Officer, Rule by Fear, and Zillo Technique are really good. That leaves you with about 16 points for things like Royal Gaurds, Blaise, Regular Stormtroopers, ISBs, Cross Training, etc as you see fit.

Your command cards should always be 2x Reinforcements and Grenadier. New Orders is very good with officers. Com Disruption and Intel Leak are very good if you have spies to stop Son of Skywalker, Reinforcements, & Grenadier.

Strategy vs Twins is to focus fire and kill off whatever unit they move in close enough. In particular, Leia and 3PO are good targets to take out ASAP though. You should have lots more figures so you should try to control 1 terminal and, depending on the scenario, send your weaker figures to do some objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He only has 4 activations that can damage you. Make use of that. What are you playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SlyFox
msg tools
mb
I am thinking of trying this list:

- Elite Stormtrooper
- Elite Stormtrooper
- Stormtrooper
- Heavy Stormtrooper
- Elite Probe Droid
- Probe Droid

Zillo Technique
Targeting Comput
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.