Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Asia » Japan

Subject: Visiting Japan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gergely Kovacs
msg tools
"The day we stop exploring is the day we commit ourselves to live in a stagnant world, devoid of curiosity, empty of dreams." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have a little trouble, and I thought I would ask the BGG community for help.

A friend and I are going to Japan in late October for 3 weeks. During our stay, we will be traveling quite a bit but will spend roughly a week in Tokyo (from October 24th through the 27th, and then November 9th and 10th). While there, we would love to visit the Tsukuba Space Center but sadly were unable to get in the English language tour. So now I am looking for someone who would be able to arrange the visit and then come with us on the Japanese tour (as we speak very little Japanese). We are not looking for someone to translate the entire tour just someone to come with us so we can follow the instructions of the tour guide. Of course, we would be more than happy to pay for the bus and admission for that person.

Sincerely,
- Rince

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't get any takers it is pretty easy to just follow the heard and figure out what to do.

I've found that the Google Translate app works well for getting the gist of Japanese text... But this requires cellular data or wifi access.

My Japanese is atrocious but I've found there's usually someone in a large group that knows some English. Maintain a sense of humor and a friendly face and you'll do just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can help with the resevations...but not with going. If no one else volunteers send me a PM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.