Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bowker
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up to run two SMG games at Fall In, November 4-6th. It will be in Lancaster, PA.

The first game, scheduled for Friday night, will feature the US vs the Germans. The second, Saturday morning, will be British vs Germans.

Both are 4 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't make it, but good gaming! Post lots of pics please...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will write up something more concrete but returned from Fall In over this past weekend.

Both games that I ran benefited from other people cancelling their games. The Friday night game I had a husband and wife play against each other. She was going to play in another game, War of the Roses I believe, but it was cancelled. She came and played against her husband. Had she not come over I was going to play against him.

On Saturday I had three college age youth, two men and a woman. There was a fourth that was supposed to come but he wasn't feeling well. I played in the game to make up the fourth player. They were supposed to be playing in a Star Wars game but is was cancelled.

I think Sergeants is losing the "convention magic". I used to always have either 6 or 4 players for games every time I ran them. A few conventions I ran a game on Friday night with 4 people and had 4 different people on Saturday morning. The one time that was at the same time as other people were running other SMG games that were also full. Now it seems tough to get 1 person interested.

At Fall In a few years ago I played in an SMG game on Friday night with something like 6 or 8 players, one on Saturday afternoon with about 6 players, and one Saturday night with another 6. I think every game had different groups of people and others were breaking out their SMG games and playing them on empty tables.

A ton of people stopped, talked about how much they love playing the game, and went off to play something else. My wife suggested that it might be because they can play SMG or SDD at a game store, home, club, etc but when they come to a convention they want the big extravaganza. I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.