Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A few questions regarding the community's opinion of them.

1. How do you feel about them in general?

2. Would you play them in other campaigns or quests if they could be used?

3. What if the effects were stronger, but the heroes chose theirs instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Vela
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Personally, I love this new mechanic. It changes how you play the game. For example, there was a post in the FFG forums where it was said that mobility is the most important characteristic of a hero, but as I said on my post https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226760-is-mob... because of the tainted cards (and other things) now survivability is more important. Another thing is, I am a very aggressive Overlord, so my play style almost tend to be "do not take prisoners", even when the quest is not meant for that. Therefore, this cards (and quest from those campaigns) align with my play style and let me enjoy the game as I want hehehe devil

2) Although I would love to use them in other quest/campaigns, I think it may break the balance and the structure of the game. Because of what I said about survavility over other characteristic, heroes like Orkwell or Rendiel would then not be so interesting to use.

3) I think it will depend on how strong the effect would be, because for example, if you put a condition, no one will chose it and you will get stuck with the same cards over and over. Another thing can be that by choosing the effects, the power of the card can be lost. A hero will create a strategy in order to minimize the negative effect and will be always prepare...losing that "challenge" that comes from the surprises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Velaur wrote:
1) Personally, I love this new mechanic. It changes how you play the game. For example, there was a post in the FFG forums where it was said that mobility is the most important characteristic of a hero, but as I said on my post https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226760-is-mob... because of the tainted cards (and other things) now survivability is more important. Another thing is, I am a very aggressive Overlord, so my play style almost tend to be "do not take prisoners", even when the quest is not meant for that. Therefore, this cards (and quest from those campaigns) align with my play style and let me enjoy the game as I want hehehe devil

2) Although I would love to use them in other quest/campaigns, I think it may break the balance and the structure of the game. Because of what I said about survavility over other characteristic, heroes like Orkwell or Rendiel would then not be so interesting to use.

3) I think it will depend on how strong the effect would be, because for example, if you put a condition, no one will chose it and you will get stuck with the same cards over and over. Another thing can be that by choosing the effects, the power of the card can be lost. A hero will create a strategy in order to minimize the negative effect and will be always prepare...losing that "challenge" that comes from the surprises.

1. Thank you for replying. I also agree.

2 + 3. I agree too. I ask because i'll have a mechanic that works somewhat based off the 2 and 3. I'll provide a link:
Descent Quest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.