Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

My wife and I just got this game and are really enjoying it. We also have the Jewelry expansion which I think is a really good addition.

It made me start thinking of things that wouldn't be too hard to implement that would work very thematically:

Masks (kind of like Jewelry):
https://www.google.com/search?q=rococo+masks&rlz=1C1CHBF_enU...

Catering:
I know catering was already mentioned as being part of the 'fountain' or whatnot, but I think it would be a great idea to have a kitchen staff that prepared cakes and wine, etc. They could even be tokens that fit into the 'dress' spaces, but counted as extra decorations.

Thoughts?

edit:

Also, any new apprentice, journeymen and masters for turns 1,3,4,6 to add more variety would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there are any expansions planned at this time... but if they come up with one, I'm all in!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
Wait...Did the jewelry expansion hit the states yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazedyeti wrote:
Wait...Did the jewelry expansion hit the states yet?

I think so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it from a guy on the GeekMarket?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nathan,

I am glad that you like Rococo so much and can understand that you wish for another expansion. However, we do not think that there will be another expansion for Rococo in the foreseeable future.

The reasons are manifold. A second expansion for a game even as successful as Rococo is hard to sell in significant volume. And since the first expansion already expanded the number of possible combinations by some orders of magnitude, playtesting another expansion would be close to impossible. It took us more than 100 plays (and thus about 300 hours) to bring the Jewelry Box to its current state. If we would introduce more elements (especially more employees to the other groups), the number of playtests necessary to try only the most important combinations would be even higher. This is an effort we're currently not about to undertake. Especially since, even after those 100 plays, I still think that I did not yet even come close to actually having tried everything possible way.

All this said, I would not decline if there was a request from the publisher to create a mini-expansion with just, say, 8 or 12 new employees. But such a mini-expansion would most probably not be profitable for any publisher...

Best regards
Stefan Malz

www.malz-spiele.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the expansion available in US? We love Rococo and I didn't even know the expansion was already out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.