Subject: How to tell if a copy is the reprint version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so my FLGS has a copy of 13 Days a few weeks ago. It promptly disappeared. Now, a new copy has arrived, but I'm curious to know if I can tell from the box whether it is another original print run, or a reprint version. I was told that the reprint will have better card stock than the original, so wanted to make sure I got the better version.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Meyers
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Same question here. I've had a copy just sitting in my Amazon cart, as I wait to see this answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received mine from Amazon today. It is the reprint version with the errors corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Iordache
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it have some distinctive mark to identify it as second edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless each copy goes with a different serial number or something. If not I'm afraid there is no way to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
What errors were in the 1st edition? If the errors are corrected, then we'll know. Just received my copy from CSI--
I pre-ordered the game last May.

The card quality is excellent--components look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Iordache
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhand wrote:
What errors were in the 1st edition? If the errors are corrected, then we'll know. Just received my copy from CSI--

Mainly related to DEFCON Agendas.
See FAQ thread. And this thread.

Some people complaint that in first edition the cards were too thin (issue solved by using sleeves).
Now, as I understand, they seem to be of proper thickness, is it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhand wrote:

That sounds like a new edition. Unfortunately, I was hoping for a way to identify the box that my FLGS has. They had a copy, and I think it was bought. They now have another one. But, I may have been mistaken, and this is still the first one.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Fast
Sweden
Mönsterås
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I probably have the first version since I have the DEFCON misprint- and yes, it's slightly confusing, but not in a game-breaking way, IMO. As soon as you understand how DEFCON works, you will understand the Agenda objective.

The card quality I don't have any issue with. Yes, they are thin, but still sturdy enough. And you only shuffle the Strategy cards once per game.

I would pick up this game regardless of which printing it is. So far, it doesn't seem to have a very large following which means you never know how long it will be produced. So don't miss out on a great game because you want it perfect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevynje wrote:
I probably have the first version since I have the DEFCON misprint- and yes, it's slightly confusing, but not in a game-breaking way, IMO. As soon as you understand how DEFCON works, you will understand the Agenda objective.

The card quality I don't have any issue with. Yes, they are thin, but still sturdy enough. And you only shuffle the Strategy cards once per game.

I would pick up this game regardless of which printing it is. So far, it doesn't seem to have a very large following which means you never know how long it will be produced. So don't miss out on a great game because you want it perfect

Hi,

I think you have missed my point, a little, though. If I can buy a reprint version, why wouldn't I? The error is fixed, and the cards are better. It's not a choice of 1st edition or nothing. It's 1st edition or 2nd edition.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirt Mike
United States
Canoga Park
CA
flag msg tools
The power of BGG compels you!
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry can't help u on that... however, i received my copy from coolstuff last week and the agenda cards were fixed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.