Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I recently played a game with three versions of Spider-man (Ultimate, Scarlet & Symbiote). Multiple times I had a combo where some of Spidey's cards would say "get +1 attack" or "get +2 attack" for every 1 or 2 cost card you played this turn. The Sidekick cards, with a cost of 2, say to just return them to the stack. Does this count as "playing" them which would add to the attack pool, or is it the equivalent of discarding them in which case it wouldn't count?

(FYI: I played the entire game basing it off of the idea that they don't count, but became curious towards the end of the game when I realized that I might have been missing out on attack all game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are considered played, but don't count for anything targeting things you have, such as Captain America looking for colors you have. The same applies for cards like Cap's Man Out Of Time abilities. You can read the rules for that for an official clarification on have vs played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that Sidekicks count as having been "played". If you didn't play them, they would still be in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.