GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 130.94
48.5% of Goal | left
I couldn't get any responses on the Close Encounters page, so I thought I'd give these questions a spin over here!
1. If I'm trying to board an enemy fleet (say, with a "2" counter beneath it) and I succeed, have I just captured all 2 of the enemy fleet, or do I break them into 2 separate units and just capture one?
2. Do the alien fleets start as "Green" or "Skilled"?
3. In the Alien Player Combat Tech Purchasing flowchart, it says "Do not buy Tactics before being Attack 2 and Defense 2." But sometimes, Tactics 1 (15 CP) is the only thing the alien can afford! In that case, should they go ahead and buy it, even if they don't have Attack or Defense? I think so.
4. I'm not sure how the Alien Player Combat Ship Purchasing flowchart jives with the base game rules. Let's say you head down the purchasing list and you have Boarding tech, so you do what the flowchart says and "Buy 2 BDs." Do I then skip way down to "Buy 1 largest ship size available" or do I instead just hop down to the next priority and "Buy 2SC," etc.
5. It doesn't look like there are ways to use the Close Encounters card decks with the Alien Empire solo games, but tell me if I'm missing something!
Thanks, troopers. Great game.
Ze_German-Guy answered the first four questions in the oher thread (and I agree with him). As regards your last question then the use of Alien tech cards is mandatory in alien VP scenario, see p 16.
- Last edited Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm
Ze_German-Guy answered the first four questions in the oher thread (and I agree with him). As regards your last question then the use of Alien tech cards is mandatory in alien VP scenario, see p 16. This post actually reminded me to answer the other one.
As for question 5: There is no official way to use the empire advantages, though you could certainly use one for yourself (likely making the game easier) and even assign simple ones to the aliens.
The alien technologies are used in the official scenarios IIRC.