Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I understand the top half of the cards as being abilities the particular cube is granting to its assimilated defenders, but the bottom, reward half, of the cards are a little unclear. I checked the rulebook and didn't see a specific explanation so I figured I'd ask here:

Blue Borg Cube - Spend 7 Diplomacy and 1 black data to select a faceup Undiscovered Card.

Red Borg Cube - Spend 10 Diplomacy to gain a red, blue, and yellow data crystal.

Green Borg Cube - Spend 6 Diplomacy to take either a faceup Advanced Action card, or draw an Advanced Action card from the deck.

Gold Borg Cube (this is the one I question the most) - spend 2 Diplomacy to recruit a faceup Elite Crew Member. Elite Crew must be recruitable from Romulan Starbase, Dominion Starbase, Outpost, or M class planet.

Did I get these right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i play them this way!
i think you are right.

The game is very enjoyable and a very good experience, for Mage Knight fans, and new people, alike.

But it heavily suffers ONCE MORE from the bad design of rulebook, and components , from the company (WizKids) that does not give enough attention to these things, and depends only in her fame.

Only after alot of complains it desides a reprint...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - January 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
These are described in the Full Rulebook, page 7, under Interactions - Destroyed Borg Cubes

The Gold Borg Cube allows you to recruit any Crew in the Crew Offer at its normal cost. For 2 Diplomacy, you can add 1 Elite (gold) Crew Member to the Crew Offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
These are described in the Full Rulebook, page 7, under Interactions - Destroyed Borg Cubes

The Gold Borg Cube allows you to recruit any Crew in the Crew Offer at its normal cost. For 2 Diplomacy, you can add 1 Elite (gold) Crew Member to the Crew Offer.

Oh, how the hell did I miss that??!!?!? Good grief....

Thank you, Andrew! I'll go slink off into the corner and work on my reading comprehension skills some more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - January 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you know, there are a LOT of rules in this game, so it's easy to miss a few along the way. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that I am quite happy with the rule book. The game walkthrough offered a gentle introduction and the after a subsequent reading of the full rule book I felt quite competent at tackling the game I did play the introduction game without the Borg cubes two or three times, though.

The only thing I have trouble with in regards to the rule book is finding the section regarding the buffs the different Borg cubes give their tokens (+ genetic weapons, etc). I always have to flip through several pages of the rule book before I can find the relevant section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
der_mandarin wrote:
I have to say that I am quite happy with the rule book. The game walkthrough offered a gentle introduction and the after a subsequent reading of the full rule book I felt quite competent at tackling the game I did play the introduction game without the Borg cubes two or three times, though.

The only thing I have trouble with in regards to the rule book is finding the section regarding the buffs the different Borg cubes give their tokens (+ genetic weapons, etc). I always have to flip through several pages of the rule book before I can find the relevant section

See.. that was kind of my problem here.. I was checking the Combat with Borg Cubes section and not the Interaction section.

I do really like the reference cards, though. Those are SUPER handy and have helped avoid about 98% of rules screw ups in my first couple of plays.

For the most part, the game walkthrough and rules are pretty smooth to me. I just obviously missed a very obvious page... but in my defense (1) i was hung up on it only being the Combat area of the rules and (2) I was working on a big bowl of Froot Loops and watching an episode of The Original Series at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.