Mystic Vale» Forums » General

Subject: Level 1 vale cards - seem to be different colours rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recieved this game in a trade and was doing a parts inventory. I noticed that some of the level 1 vale cards are different colours. 3 of them seem to be noticeably darker than the rest. Is this normal, or a print issue? If its a print issue ill have to try and get replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the enhancement cards come with a thin plastic film on them when unboxed, to prevent from sticking due to the printing process. After a bit, this film will start to stretch and gap, and can be safely pulled off. A side effect, though, is that without the film the colors of the enhancement are noticeably more vibrant. It shouldn't affect them from the back, though, nor have any actual affect on your gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's talking about Vale cards though so not the same thing.

Can you take a picture of them?

I haven't noticed this issue with the 4 different copies I've played but maybe yours does have a printing issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im aware of the film on the cards, but I was talking about the ones with the trees on them. I think the level 2 show a red tree and the level 1 show a green tree.

There is definitely a colour difference. I will try to get a picture on here. If these are cards that you draw throughout the game it might be a big deal because this colour difference would tip you off as to what was coming up next. If it's a case of drawing some cards at random during the game start and leaving them out then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Im aware of the film on the cards, but I was talking about the ones with the trees on them. I think the level 2 show a red tree and the level 1 show a green tree.

There is definitely a colour difference. I will try to get a picture on here. If these are cards that you draw throughout the game it might be a big deal because this colour difference would tip you off as to what was coming up next. If it's a case of drawing some cards at random during the game start and leaving them out then it wouldn't be a big deal.

They get drawn to fill out a market and you replace them when they get bought so your misprints are going to show up, assuming the backs are misprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks. Ill contact aeg to see they will offer replacements. Ill still try to get a pic. How can i insert the pic into this thread? Its been so long since ive tried to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
He's talking about Vale cards though so not the same thing.

My apologies - absolutely missed this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:

I just opened my expansion box and noticed a color difference there as well. On the plus side, if you end up with 3-4 different shades that is almost as good as a single constant color right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.