Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After 22 plays the wife and I are still loving the game.
One small frustration is not knowing the number of a particular card in the deck. For example the number of Jungle Themes available or the number of Comfortable seating cards in the deck.

I had 2 blueprints early, one required am Jungle a Theme on a leisure ride and another jungle theme on any attraction.....problem was my opponent had 2 Jungle themes played which left me short of being able to complete my blue print....luckily it was early enough I was able to demolish one of hers and build it immediately in my park. I also needed Comfortable seating on all of my attractions....I had 3... But four attractions, so I demolished one to complete the blueprint.

If the cards had a small notation like 1/3 it would help beginning players who are just getting into the game not hurt themselves taking blueprints they can't possibly complete. Even a card list with the qty noted in the rule book would be a help.

Just sayin....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer it if the number of each card is in the rule book or on a reference card but not on the playing cards themselves. (Maybe someone on BGG can make a reference sheet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've experimented with various quantity markers on the cards, and the result is that they end up looking very cluttered, making the blueprint harder to parse, especially when the complexity of the blueprint requirement list is more than a few lines.

However, the marking of unique items is present so that there's definitely no problems with taking blueprints when you can't possibly build the attraction.

Another difficulty is that for some common upgrades we can't accurately count how many there will be, because they come from other packs too. All Jungle knows is that there's 1 x Air conditioning in its pack, which would make a blueprint look harder than it is when more copies are coming from other packs as well.

It's also hard to accurately count things like "any feature upgrade" to assess how easy that would be.

For themes, you can generally count on at least 3 loose theme cards, and in some cases there are extras built into some attractions too.

The markers we've tried that don't make the card look crazy are too subtle - and they raise questions about what they mean, when they're supposed to be answering a question instead, which isn't great.

I'm happy talk more about alternatives though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.