Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Tompkins
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game group is split between the opinion that paddock cannot "jump" stone walls and that it can. Has there been an official ruling? I don't see anything in the rules that would specifically allow or disallow this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot imagine any reason that paddock could not jump quarry stones. What's the reasoning of those who would disallow it? Merely that quarry stones themselves cannot have a house? But that is true of other types of hexes, over which paddock can jump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Tompkins
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The argument was that the quarry stone blocks that space. The paddock doesn't specifically mention blocked spaces. The description of paddock says move one of your settlements 2 spaces in a straight line in any direction. Are you moving through the space or jumping the space? The description of paddock doesn't say jump. If the space is blocked then you can't move through it.
That was the argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Tompkins
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, never mind it does say jump. So I guess it depends on what blocked means. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
It can jump it. Every other "unbuildable" space like mountains and water can be jumped as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Tompkins
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. We will play that way from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.