$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 116.91

7,102 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Connor Mc
msg tools
My group was playing Rhellegar's Rest from the Heirs of Blood campaign over the weekend when this question came up:

How is the Unique Search Token treated in regard to passing it among heroes when the quest rules do not specify anything?

The base rules of the game say that you can spend an action to drop or pickup an objective token, but the unique search token is not an objective token. The base rules also say that you can trade search cards as part of a move action, but the search token is not a search card. We couldn't find anything that specified how the unique search token itself is treated.

My instinct is that because it is treated like the other search tokens initially and not treated like an objective token, it should be treated the same way you handle a search card. Some players agreed, other player's disagreed and thought it should be treated like an objective token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smithe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the quest. Sometimes it is explicitly treated as an objective token. When it isn't, it can only be passed according to the guidelines in the special rules. If there are no such guidelines, I'd be inclined to say it cannot be passed.

EDIT: After re-reading the quest rules, barring a contrary response from FFG, I'd say the hero who reveals the token must be the one to walk off wih it- he does not pass it or drop it. Monster's hoard works the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I beg to differ.
In Monster's Hoard the questbook explicitely states that "as an action, a hero carrying Trueshot may give it to an adjacent hero or place it on an adjacent space".
In Rellegars Rest encounter 2 no further rules for the unique search token are given. The core rulebook refers to the quest desciptions when it comes to unique search tokens. Thus, I agree with Zaltyre here, that, in general, unique search tokens cannot be dropped, transfered and even stay on the hero sheet if the hero goes down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smithe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I forgot that extra text in Monster's hoard was there. You're right, that's a bit different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.