Invasion of the Air-eaters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solitaire Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Shippert
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The back cover of this game (third paragraph) says, "Solitaire play is made possible by adding a pre-planned, alien assault".

But I don't any see solitaire/pre-planned assault rules anywhere. Is my copy missing a page? We're these later reprinted in the Space Gamer? Were we supposed to add this ourselves?

I like the idea of a pre-planned alien assault. It kinda goes along with the idea of the aliens being uncreative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted basically the exact same question a while ago on the James Bond 007 Assault! Game page because that game says the same thing!

I am concluding that the games just said that to get people to buy it or with the sense that you could just make it up somehow. I am an original owner of Air Eaters and my game never had a solo set up with it. I hope someone else responds with a better answer because I would want that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The description says the designer had a long article in The Space Gamer #23. I don't remember if it had solitaire rules but I can check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
The description says the designer had a long article in The Space Gamer #23. I don't remember if it had solitaire rules but I can check.
Another BGG thread on this issue reports on the article as follows:

"Invasion of the Air Eaters Designer's Introduction & Multi-player Scenario by Keith Gross is an excellent addition to the original game. If you like the game, this is probably the best article ever done on it. (Wait, I know what you're thinking -- this is the only article ever done on it. Well, it's still a good article). A good look at the thought process behind the game and a lot of chrome added to good effect."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not sure which thread that is (I don't see it), but there was definitely more than one article about the game since Brian Train's description (Description, counter manifest and comments) lists several. However, it doesn't sound as if any of them have solitaire rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichols
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, anyone volunteer to design a pre-programmed Alien assault for the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.