Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Owens
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game last night, had a great time. I found some mess-ups I made with the rules afterward, but here are some other questions I had that I couldn't find in the rules...

1. So from the rules it says that you use the Bag O'Fate to decide which zimby in a stack is carrying the crown when that column defeats the king. I assume that zimby has the choice to leave the column and strike out on his own with the crown. My question is, how is possession of the crown determined when it's picked up off the ground? I assume it's also with the Bag O' Fate, but I wasn't sure.

2. This seems obvious to me, but I couldn't find it in the rules...are witcheries temporary? For example, if there is a witchery that gives the target extra brutality, does that brutality go away at the end of the turn, or is it a persistent effect? My understanding is that incantations are meant for persistent effects, everything else is transient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
San Il Defanso wrote:
...how is possession of the crown determined when it's picked up off the ground? I assume it's also with the Bag O' Fate, but I wasn't sure.

You only use the Bag o' Fate if a multi-tribe column kills the King by combat. If the King dies from a scroll effect, the Crown just drops to the ground. If a single-tribe column kills the King, then some zimby in that column is carrying the crown (it doesn't matter which one). If a multi-tribe column of zimbies kills the king, you drop the entire column into the Bag o' Fate and draw out the tribe that has actual possession of the Crown. The entire column is the Crown Holder and counts as a single creature for movement and combat, but one tribe in the column is actually holding the Crown. And yes, one zombie with the Crown can bolt off the column anytime they want on their shaman's turn.

San Il Defanso wrote:
...are witcheries temporary? For example, if there is a witchery that gives the target extra brutality, does that brutality go away at the end of the turn, or is it a persistent effect?

Witcheries are transient. Consider them to be instantaneous, one-shot effects. Unless otherwise stated on the card (e.g., "Go All Ghosty" says that the effects last for the remainder of the turn), a witchery has an immediate effect and is done. That is pretty obvious for something like a "Bolt o' Lightning" but less so with something like "Nasty Sharp Knives." For "Bolt o' Lightning," the witchery has its immediate effect and is discarded. For "Nasty Sharp Knives," the brutality bonus applies to the combat roll it is modifying and that's it -- after that combat roll is resolved, the "Nasty Sharp Knives" effect is gone.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.