Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it would be interesting to see if any users who frequent BGG had released a successful project, with help from the good folk of here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkatronics wrote:
I thought it would be interesting to see if any users who frequent BGG had released a successful project, with help from the good folk of here.

Too many to recall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds good to me.
Anything you have bought out developed personally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerry is correct - there are just too many to list here.

I know you are a new user, and as such I highly recommend you take some time to look through the various threads posted in the work-in-progress (WIP) section to see just how many games are successfully launched.

Or better yet, look through any of the game design contests hosted on BGG over the past three years, and you will find plenty of games that went from contest to publication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll take a look.
I'm trying to research how people went from their idea all the way to publishing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkatronics wrote:
Thanks, I'll take a look.
I'm trying to research how people went from their idea all the way to publishing.

If you want a soup to nuts dialogue is suggest searching for "Designer Diary". The search function at BGG is pretty bad honestly but if you look through to find those posts they are often a narrative account that goes literally from idea to creation to fulfillment.

If that search phrase doesn't work, I remember vividly that the designers of Fleet (Matt & Ben) had the name "Palpatine" in the title of their diary. At the very least search for that (can't be too many hits) as theirs was pretty good especially from the perspective of two novice designers who literally came up with a game concept on their lunch break and now have four? Or more successful launches under their belt within about two or three years.

I'd find the link myself but I'm On my phone and it doesn't work well to add links or find things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Quicksilver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucester
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have run two small scale projects and I'm just planning my third, on a larger scale this time.

1976 Formula One Motor Racing and Leviathan 3000: Space Warfare

Both succeeded on very small targets, the next one I'm looking at a still small but four figure target (probably around $2,000)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been Lots! our game VENOM Assault is one that made it thanks to folks here on BGG. If you are looking for nuts and bolts of how people did it you may be better off reading James Mathe (minion games) blogs as he has done this many times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.