4 Posts

Zulus on the Ramparts!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about multiple vollies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook for the 2nd version, under [6.7] Fire a Volley it states "You can fire more than one Volley per turn."

Am I correct that it only applies if I have gotten extra actions from some other source? Or is it just cost one action to fire as many (non-sacrifice) vollies as you want, and have volley cards? It's just a little odd that it makes a point of saying you can fire multiple per turn, when theoretically any action can be done more than once, assuming you gain extra actions somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the second edition they made a rule change that you could use any available heroes to fire a volley and it does not count as an action.
Usually this is only done as a desperate measure. Like if there is a Zulu unit one space away from causing a defeat for you and you need to push him back. If you had 3 available heroes you could keep firing volleys until you ran out of heroes or the unit was pushed back or eliminated. Once you use a hero to fire a volley they are discarded so you need to keep that in mind.
In the first edition it always was an action to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I do get the part about hero sacrifice volleys. I guess I'm more wondering about regular volleys using Volley cards. Is it one action per volley, or is it one action potentially multiple regular volleys (assuming I have the cards)?

In other words, if I have 2 volley cards in hand, and want to do 2 volleys with those cards (no hero sacrifice volleys), I'd have to do something like this, right?
1) use an action to do a regular volley, discarding volley card
2) do a free action of a hero to generate another action
3) use that generated action to do a volley, discarding the 2nd volley card

(I got a PM that indicated as much, but posted a reply here before I saw it, and wanted to at least leave a trail for future people who might ask the same question)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smittyohio wrote:
Thanks, I do get the part about hero sacrifice volleys. I guess I'm more wondering about regular volleys using Volley cards. Is it one action per volley, or is it one action potentially multiple regular volleys (assuming I have the cards)?

In other words, if I have 2 volley cards in hand, and want to do 2 volleys with those cards (no hero sacrifice volleys), I'd have to do something like this, right?
1) use an action to do a regular volley, discarding volley card
2) do a free action of a hero to generate another action
3) use that generated action to do a volley, discarding the 2nd volley card

(I got a PM that indicated as much, but posted a reply here before I saw it, and wanted to at least leave a trail for future people who might ask the same question)

Yes that is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.