Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been quite a while since I have played Mage knights, but I do not remember it having a coop mode. Now the question is whether or not Frontiers has got a fully coop mode and if so how is it played and is it any good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight does have a full co-op mode, fwiw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Mage Knight does have a full co-op mode, fwiw.

I only recall a "no-player attack mode" from Mage knight bt then again my memory about it is blurrying and it may very well be the caes that there is a fully coop option in Mage Knight.

What I am interested in is wether or not there is a coop mode in Frontiers and if so what it plays like - do players really have to work together or is it more a matter on agreeing who attacks/influences what

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book features two full coop scenarios (a normal one and a quick one) where players work together and have one final score as a team. For scoring you take the experience of the player with the lowest value as base score and then in each category you only score the player with the highest score. Another additional rule for coop is the one regarding cooperative Borg cube assaults. Several players can fight the same cube at the same time and divide up all the tokens on the cube among the players.

Besides that there are also competitive scenarios without player versus player combat that could be adapted for full coop play.

Unfortunately, I haven't played Mage Knight so I am unable to offer a comparison to that game.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
What I am interested in is wether or not there is a coop mode in Frontiers and if so what it plays like - do players really have to work together or is it more a matter on agreeing who attacks/influences what

That sounds like "cooperation" and "working together" to me, but here is the Star Trek: Frontiers Full Rulebook in case you want to read the coop variants on page 20 and see if they meet your criteria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.