Popular Tags: [View All]
j s
United States
washington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/

Which is a rather excellent game and a great use of technology to get people interacting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
ValentineS wrote:
http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/

Which is a rather excellent game and a great use of technology to get people interacting.

I had the same thought. They are distant cousins. They both have some hidden information to be shared in a cooperative puzzle solving game that is timed.

Having played Keep Talking, I would say that Mask of Anubis has a few things going in its favor for having a wider appeal.

1) Using a phone instead of a computer makes it easier to play anywhere. Sure you can play Keep Talking on a laptop, if the person who bought the game has one. The app for MoA is free. I already have it downloaded in anticipation of my pre-order coming next month.

2) Everything you need (other than the app) is in the box. With Keep Talking, you have to have at least one copy of the manual printed off or on a second electronic device and I would recommend one copy per non-defuser player. Ambitious players could/should laminate these as well so you can use dry erase markers to mark orders given/information received.

3) Mask of Anubis is timed in chunks while Keep Talking is a straight timer from beginning to end with no breaks. While I love this frantic ,real time aspect of this, it isn't for everyone. Breaking it out into short bits with some thoughtful discussion in between is helpful for getting more people to play.

4) This ties into #3 - Mask of Anubis lets everyone "be special" in the same play. Sure Keep Talking plays super quickly so you can rotate players through, but I like that Mask of Anubis lets every be special on the same maze. Everyone gets to look around at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.