GMT Games
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

Here are a few pics of the final components for Jeff & Carla's Grand Prix, shipping to P500 orderers within the coming week.

Enjoy!

Gene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited to get this game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:

+1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:

+1!

+2! I'm a big fan of Thunder Alley and really looking forward to the Horger's take on F1. I will also be arriving on my natural turf.

Tim K.
Speed Circuit tournament champion
Origins 1978, Ann Arbor, MI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have both TA and GP and want to race NASCAR on the GP cicuits, which Event cards do I use?

Shouldn't there be an Event card pack for each circuit to make them more individual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
If I have both TA and GP and want to race NASCAR on the GP cicuits, which Event cards do I use?

Shouldn't there be an Event card pack for each circuit to make them more individual?

TA event cards for TA races, no matter the track used.

While it is a good idea to have individual event decks for each track, it seems to me that it will be a lot of cards for little reward.

I do think the way to get each race individualized is to add some track specific rules like they are doing in the Crew Chief expansion.

Another thing I have thought about is to build a smaller event deck out of the existing one. That way you can have the 2 Rain Event be more threatening if the Event deck is only 10 cards in total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:

Another thing I have thought about is to build a smaller event deck out of the existing one. That way you can have the 2 Rain Event be more threatening if the Event deck is only 10 cards in total.

You could use smaller event decks to customize events for each track, too. With 26 cards Jeff and Carla could have provided base events used on every track supplemented by events specific to each track. Since only a half dozen or so are used every race one would retain event variety while adding specificity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:
ad79 wrote:

You could use smaller event decks to customize events for each track, too. With 26 cards Jeff and Carla could have provided base events used on every track supplemented by events specific to each track. Since only a half dozen or so are used every race one would retain event variety while adding specificity.

That's a good idea. Maybe something for a future expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 game on my radar right now after playing Thunder Alley!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:
htjester wrote:
ad79 wrote:

That's a good idea. Maybe something for a future expansion.

This would be a way to add replayability. For example, the St Adriana tri-oval could represent several fictional tracks akin to Daytona, Charlotte, Talladega, MIS, etc. Customized event decks would distinguish between these super speedways that all use the same board. I'm not the most knowledgeable about NASCAR, but I do know Talladega's turns are banked more than other tri-ovals. The effects of this could be covered in the event deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
#1 game on my radar right now after playing Thunder Alley!

Same here! Looked into Thunder Ally a number of times, but never pulled the trigger. Played last weekend at a meetup and loved it. Then saw that there is an Indy/F1 version about to come out. Insta-buy!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweeeeeet! They even used my logo idea for GSM Racing. Dad will be so happy to see he's the owner of a race team! Cant wait!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who approved that one side of the cars be light gray and the other side be slightly darker gray?

It really isn't easy to tell the difference. I'm considering taking a highlighter color and coloring over one side to make it obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Spinello
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Totally agree, Mark!
Thunder Alley was white/black. No issues.
I have no idea why this was changed.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Underwood
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
DiploGuy wrote:
Who approved that one side of the cars be light gray and the other side be slightly darker gray?

It really isn't easy to tell the difference. I'm considering taking a highlighter color and coloring over one side to make it obvious.

Hi Mark,

How about using grey Pantone markers on the darker side? They would apply another wash of ink onto the card (a solid colour isn't necessary). The extra shade of grey should be enough to make the Front and Rear sides more definable.

They are by Letraset (the rub-on letters company) but I'm not sure if they are still available as the last time I sold one was in 1982 when I worked in an Art and Graphic materials store.

Hope this helps,

Martin (PCofTQY)
Torquay, UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean something lik this?
https://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/prodDetail.php?id=53041

BTW, that's a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.