Subject: Question about Winning a tile and using the liverymen on it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The Pessoners tile has a majority of 4 and provides a bonus reward of moving a liveryman or master and also placing a liveryman or master on the plantation.

Suppose I win the tile with 2 liverymen (plus 1 from my opponent and 1 neutral).

I presume I have to reserve 1 of those 2 liverymen to serve as the master? Thus, while I would be allowed to move 1 of those 2 liveryman OR take 1 of those 2 liveryman and place it on the plantation tile, I wouldn't be able to use both liverymen for these benefits as it wouldn't leave me with one to serve as the master.

Can someone kindly confirm my logic?

Also, the tile resolution phase isn't part of my turn, correct? So I can no longer use card benefits (e.g., every time you move a liveryman, move 2 instead) in that phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The master comes from the liverymen on the tile, the movement rewards may be used to move your liverymen from other places, not just from that tile.

Correct, resolution happens at end-of-round, not during player turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the Master if you like - though this would seem a suboptimal move - and/or use any of your other in-play liverymen :-)

Correct about the out of turn thing too: no cards would be active during resolution.

ninja-ed by Andy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar question and just want to clarify that the rules are not correct on this point.

Stage 3: Rewards (page 9) wrote:
The winner, if possible, must place one of their
liveryman pawns that had been on that tile onto
the face down tile. This piece is now referred to as
a ‘master’.

The "if possible" is very confusing here. The winner obviously has at least one liveryman that "had been on that tile", therefore they must place one of those liverymen as a master. There is no option to forego creating a master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Campolucci
Italy
Piossasco
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but i need some details about that. When i resolve a tile where the reward is a free move of one of my Pawn or Masters may i move one of the pawn on the tile that i have just resolved ?
As i can read at page 9 of the TMG rulebook:
Quote:
Move 1 of your liveryman or master pawns from any guild, special building tile or the Guildhall to any other face up guild or special building tile. You may move a liveryman pawn from the currently resolving tile, if desired.

Reading this i suppose i'm able to move one of my liverymen even if it is one of the pawn that i used to resolve the tile.
Hope this could be clear with my stumbling english
thanks
Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
perludo wrote:
Sorry but i need some details about that. When i resolve a tile where the reward is a free move of one of my Pawn or Masters may i move one of the pawn on the tile that i have just resolved ?
As i can read at page 9 of the TMG rulebook:
Quote:
Move 1 of your liveryman or master pawns from any guild, special building tile or the Guildhall to any other face up guild or special building tile. You may move a liveryman pawn from the currently resolving tile, if desired.

Reading this i suppose i'm able to move one of my liverymen even if it is one of the pawn that i used to resolve the tile.
Hope this could be clear with my stumbling english
thanks
Regards

Yes you CAN move the new Master...I would question your logic but you can do it :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Campolucci
Italy
Piossasco
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not only a matter of logic but also a problem with my poor english i believe
Let me give an example:
I resolve a tile where i have 3 Liverymen on a treeshold of 3 where the rewards is to move 1 of my liverymen o 1 master. I flip the tile leaving 1 of my pawn let it becomes a Master.
Now i have other 2 pawns that i have to return to the guildhall.
For the reward i want to move 1 of my liverymen wherever i want.
May i move one of the 2 on the tile just resolved or i have to chose pawns on the others guilds tiles ?
Thanks and sorry again
Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony was meaning that it's not often useful to move the master.
I usually do it when I have the J or M Mayoral reward card, in the late game, to achieve the condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Campolucci
Italy
Piossasco
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question was not for the MAster but for the others liverymen on the tile just resolved.
May i move them or i must choose other on different guilds ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can move one of the liverymen that were on the tile being resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Campolucci
Italy
Piossasco
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everybody
Game really funny, i bought it after i saw the runthrough made by Rahdo.
I expect a lot of good times with this !
Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.