Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official rules state that the first ball card in a frame cannot be used to knock down pins in the last row.

My variant is that knocking down those pins is allowed, provided that you are also knocking down any of the pins that make up the 5-card V in the pyramid.

This still allows for the rule that the center card cannot be knocked down by itself using the first ball card, or as part of a combo with back row pins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This obviously makes the game easier. However, I wonder if just enables you to get a few more strikes and spares, or if it makes the game way too easy. Have you tried this variant and what were your findings? (I'm assuming Sackson included the original rule for a reason beyond theme, so what are we 'breaking' here?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
This obviously makes the game easier. However, I wonder if just enables you to get a few more strikes and spares, or if it makes the game way too easy. Have you tried this variant and what were your findings? (I'm assuming Sackson included the original rule for a reason beyond theme, so what are we 'breaking' here?)

Based on a number of additional plays, I haven't seen my scores increase by more than a couple of points. I'm still in the 120-125 range usually.

I suspect that Sackson made the first ball card rules they way they were just to make the rules simple, no middle, and no back row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.