Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, enthusiasts, Donna and I are still nosing around the South Pacific, and this morning played what may have been the first CC game on the beautiful island of Moorea.

The game itself was less than inspiring, just a RSG shootout with very little in the way of tactics or finesse. My American line company started out the shooting, and Donna's German Conscript Company on defense was inexorably whittled down to their surrender level during time trigger 4. She just couldn't catch a break.

Beautiful place for a game, however. From the big game table of our cheap lodging we can see the startling aqua of the lagoon, the white breakers on the offshore reef, and the deep navy blue between us and clearly-visible Tahiti. Tomorrow morning we will get the girl underwater to check out the local sea-life.

Our view from Tahiti to Moorea - we are now there looking back at here

Mt Yasur on Tanna Island, with Donna's face painted

Yes, Chad's Random Vacation Generator is working very well.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know should I be more jealous of your spare time to play CC, or your vacation time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond de Waard
Netherlands
Dordrecht
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures? Got any pictures? :cool:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
How come you aren't playing Pacific?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know which is cooler, where you are vacationing or the fact you brought CC along with you. That's dedication to the CC universe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Trad

Alexandria
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chick, I remember when you thought you lost a chit on vacation(objective #5?).

I both envied your guys' vaca and shared your pain.

Yes, pics please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos added last night.

In the 2nd photo, tiny pieces of falling cooled lava are landing in our hair and on our shoulders. They make an audible 'click' when they strike the hood of the vehicle. We climbed up to the rim and looked down into the actively erupting crater, which was throwing molten lava up hundreds of feet higher than our position, though not directly over our heads. It was awesome.

Not playing Pacific because the Japanese never got any closer to Vanuatu (New Hebrides) than the Solomons, FIFTEEN HUNDRED miles away.

It is hard to bring CC along, as the little island-hopping air services allow only 10kg (22 pounds) of luggage per person. We are carrying only the German and American counters, plus the system chits, plus four double-sided maps, two decks, and the two order-of-battle sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Hektor
msg tools
Must be great to play in those surroundings! Did the other guests ask what you were up to?

Anyhow, I am a bit jealous, having never experienced the pacific myself. Someday, though..!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmedhadzi wrote:
I don't know should I be more jealous of your spare time to play CC, or your vacation time

I'm jealous of the SO that plays CC. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We generally enjoy our guilty pleasure of CC on a table in our room, so other guests never suspect !! By design, however, many of our lodgings have included great views, so we don't feel like we are missing anything when we play.

Boddekker, YES, you should be jealous of my lady-friend Donna, who regularly hands me my head across the CC map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.