Subject: Arkham Nights 2016, October 14-15 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hinners
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Come check out Arkham Nights 2016 at Fantasy Flight headquarters.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/30/arkham-...

Debut of Arkham Horror: The Card Game

And join in the sanity shattering fun with these other games
Mansions of Madness: Second Edition
Eldritch Horror
Elder Sign
Arkham Horror

Epic 18-person Arkham Horror and Eldritch Horror games, play with the designers, get swag for early registration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really thinking about going. My wife and I are thinking of spending some air miles and hotel points to treat this as a weekend getaway. Would love to hear about anyone's impressions of the event from previous years. It would be ideal for us if it wasn't over-the-top geeky or hardcore
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is the kind of stuff that makes me really hate FFG.

You only get the bag for the new game (which I played at gencon and loved)and a new mission pack if you go.

Cant order it, cant get a retailer to get it in. Highly disappointed in this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
You only get the bag for the new game (which I played at gencon and loved)and a new mission pack if you go.

I don't think you read the article very carefully. The scenario will be available to everyone later. Attendees just get it early. The bag is probably exclusive but it's just cosmetic. You can use a different bag, or a cup, or whatever. You're not missing out on any gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the Elder Sign ancient ones have been made available. Only recently someone made a fanmade version with community based scans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
None of the Elder Sign ancient ones have been made available. Only recently someone made a fanmade version with community based scans

Yes, the Arkham Horror Ancient Ones were also exclusive in the past. It took me forever to track down copies.

However, the article specifically mentions:

Quote:
This gift bag also contains The Curse of the Rougarou, an exclusive new scenario for Arkham Horror: The Card Game that gives you the chance to experience a horrific new adventure before it’s released to the general public.

So hopefully FFG is moving away from that kind of exclusive content. As far as I know, Arkham Nights is the only time they've ever done something like that, so it is a bit of an aberration. Their promo stuff is generally cosmetic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
scourn1 wrote:

I don't think you read the article very carefully. The scenario will be available to everyone later. Attendees just get it early. The bag is probably exclusive but it's just cosmetic. You can use a different bag, or a cup, or whatever. You're not missing out on any gameplay.

Why would you read a whole article when you can just make assumptions and immediately post angry rants on the internet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
Always stomped, never the stomper...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to this and I am frackin' excited!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how every post about anything FFG turns into a gong show of people grinding their individual axe about some small thing about their company. I guess it was too much to hope that this thread could spark a community discussion about the event and how it could serve to bring new friends together around a game we are excited for.

I'm hoping that if I go, I get to interact exclusively with people who didn't go solely so that they could get a special edition bag that was likely meant as a small thank you gesture for people who spend lots of money to experience the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saucerboy wrote:
I love how every post about anything FFG turns into a gong show of people grinding their individual axe about some small thing about their company. I guess it was too much to hope that this thread could spark a community discussion about the event and how it could serve to bring new friends together around a game we are excited for.

I'm hoping that if I go, I get to interact exclusively with people who didn't go solely so that they could get a special edition bag that was likely meant as a small thank you gesture for people who spend lots of money to experience the event.

Yes, what he said above. While the gift bag is nice my main question is for those that have gone in the past, is it worth it if you are not in the area. Is this like mini-convention for those that like FFG brand of Lovecraft? I don't have many people in my play group that like FFG and I would love to get into group play and people who are really into this style of games. I have a free flight that about to expire and would have to get hotel but if the experience worth the admission then would not mind spending the money to attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
antiquegamer wrote:
Saucerboy wrote:

Yes, what he said above. While the gift bag is nice my main question is for those that have gone in the past, is it worth it if you are not in the area. Is this like mini-convention for those that like FFG brand of Lovecraft? I don't have many people in my play group that like FFG and I would love to get into group play and people who are really into this style of games. I have a free flight that about to expire and would have to get hotel but if the experience worth the admission then would not mind spending the money to attend.

So, obviously your mileage may vary, but I've gone before and am definitely planning on going again. I think people who go JUST for the swag bag are a bit crazy; for me it's all about the experience, and the promos and tokens are just a nice little cherry on top.

Overall, it's just a two day Arkham fest. You get together with a bunch of fans of all the games that just want to talk Arkham, play Arkham and have a blast doing so. I'd say the coolest part is getting to actually talk to the developers and sit down and play with them, as well as the 17 player Eldritch and Arkham games that happen.

And obviously, there's the chance to get the Arkham Horror Card Game a little early.

So I guess it depends. If the only Arkham game you're into is Mansions, then perhaps it'd be a little costly to make it out there. But, if you're like me and love all of the Arkham Files games, it's just a packed weekend full of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wallace-Moyer
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
So a question for someone who has been there before. What is the turnout usually like? I know this year may be different because they are releasing the LCG, but in the past how big has it been?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
indy lim
msg tools
I'm new to the Arkham universe, having impulse bought Mansions of Madness. I've always liked the idea of the Lord of the Rings LCG, but I couldnt get into it for some reason, so when they announced the Arkham Horror card game and the availability at the Arkham Nights event I went ahead and bought a ticket.

Whats the usual schedule for the event based on years past? Do they start early on the first day and is it mostly just playing? I've never played Arkham Horror or the other tabletop games, would they teach? which one would you recommend? I'm not sure I can make any of it on Saturday unfortunately. Looking forward though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Personally I wish they would release the promo great old ones at a later date like they do with the scenarios, I'm a mother of 3, I don't really have the time or money to head out to MN for a few days a year as much as I'd like to and would love to have copies of those promos that actually match my game components
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.