Don't Tread On Me: The American Revolution Solitaire Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Abandoning a State rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
The verbiage of rule 7/6/1 "Abandoning a State" is tricking me up a bit, or at least I'm over-thinking it. Am I interpreting this correctly? -

As long as at least one Lobster unit (red band British) remains in a State, any British player units (Brits, Loyalists, Hessian) are free to leave that State without paying the loyalty penalty. However, if there are NO lobsters in the State to begin with (for instance), any other British-type player unit that leaves pays the penalty?

Lastly, if a lobster is the last of its kind to leave a State, you pay the penalty regardless of any other units left behind.

I think that's right, but hoping someone with a few more play-throughs can confirm.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is the correct interpretation of the rule, though I would point out that "Lobsters" are not defined by their red band, rather their red color [2/4/3], as there are other banded Lobsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thank you, and you are correct on the Lobster definition. That makes sense historically. I think I read through the description too quickly initially (only on my 1st play / 2nd turn) and got the red band in my head because the set up specifically referenced Lobsters with the 5 red band units placed in the force pool. Selective memory in action.

Although, the "red band only" would make a tough variant on the abandonment rule come to think of it. (Not sure what the historical representation would be though...maybe garrison units)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, as West said, you got it correct. This thread may be of additional help: Abandoning a State/ COS placement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks Barry. I browsed the forums initially and missed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I remembered that I had posted a reply in that thread sometime ago, which is why I was aware of it.

Regardless, I simply typed "abandoned" in the forum search bar, highlighted the "Rules" forum, and let the search engine find it for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.