Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was going to reimburse a BGG player for expenses incurred for helping me, what is an approximate value for 10 Geekgold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been seeing 30-40 gg per dollar lately in geekgold sales.

If you donate $15, you get 15 gg, but then the 200+ gg later, so even that's north of 10gg/dollar.

10 gg is worth less than a dollar in most transactions. It's worth most in "it's the thought that counts" tips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
If I was going to reimburse a BGG player for expenses incurred for helping me, what is an approximate value for 10 Geekgold?

In the last few auctions that I saw for exchanging GG and $US before BGG (temporarily?) shut down the auction part of the Bazaar, the exchange rate was in the neighborhood of $10 = 500 GG.

That was something of a surprise to me, for quite a while the rate was in the range of $10 = 330 GG or a little more, but it had been since I'd looked at those, so there may have been some inflationary pressure if it wasn't merely a spike for no real reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
chiefsachem wrote:

In the last few auctions that I saw for exchanging GG and $US before BGG (temporarily?) shut down the auction part of the Bazaar, the exchange rate was in the neighborhood of $10 = 500 GG.

That was something of a surprise to me, for quite a while the rate was in the range of $10 = 330 GG or a little more, but it had been since I'd looked at those, so there may have been some inflationary pressure if it wasn't merely a spike for no real reason.

There are two things that fuel inflation and deflation spikes.

Games for Geekgold, which has got hot in the last six months, and the annual supporter payout.

* G4GG has had spikes due to changing rules. The current team has built stability, increasing bidding. So has been worth more.

* After the annual payout of it used to make things more expensive and cheaper.

My thought has been that there are increasing amounts of unspent Geekgold and more in circulation.

This led to the creation of overtext as a sink.

I get the feeling a lot of supporters get this annual payout and don't know what to do with it.

We need some economists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
chiefsachem wrote:

People were still using that? I thought with the advent of the supporter drive-generated geek gold, the auctions had become pretty much worthless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Gambiteer wrote:
chiefsachem wrote:

People were still using that? I thought with the advent of the supporter drive-generated geek gold, the auctions had become pretty much worthless.

The times that I looked in, it was not unusual to see dozens of listings exchanging geekgold for real money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
Gambiteer wrote:
chiefsachem wrote:

The times that I looked in, it was not unusual to see dozens of listings exchanging geekgold for real money.

But no geekgold for games anymore? So it pretty much just became a currency exchange?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
But no geekgold for games anymore? So it pretty much just became a currency exchange?

There were games being auctioned, but I didn't really pay attention to those, I didn't notice any titles to interest me and I was mainly checking exchange rates to estimate if I would break even after covering postage in the G4GG raffles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice a lot of GG4G, usually as a lottery, so much GG per chance of winning the game, which is still GG4G, probabilistically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.