$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Jason Spiers
United States
Summit
Mississippi
flag msg tools
This is not directly sold by Amazon but is fulfilled by Amazon and qualifies for free prime shipping. Been wanting to try this one for a while and had to jump on it at this price. It is another seller offering copies for 14.99, but it appears to me that it would be some chinese knockoff as it ships from China mainland just to give anyone the heads up who may see that deal.

Amazon Rattle Battle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Iverson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Rattle, Battle, Grab the Loot $26.14 - 2 in stock. Free Prime Shipping

The game shown on the link sounds a lot more fun for some reason: Staki Tupy Kosciotrupy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Spiers
United States
Summit
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Re: [Amazon] Rattle, Battle, Grab the Loot $26.14 - 2 in stock. Free Prime Shipping
Oh my, if that was the same image as when I ordered this morning then I just totally missed it. Anxious to see now what comes on Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
just snagged the last copy. Sounds interesting, and that price is pretty amazing. I also avoided the 14.99 deal. that sounded scary at that price point and from where it would ship. Also, after witnessing the ghost buster and zooloretto 14.99 hot deal fiasco, I'm weary about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic components. Game probably plays a lot of longer than it should be. But if you like taking a crap ton of dice and dropping them in a box and attempt to manipulate them with power ups [assuming you didn't get hammered by random luck], then this game is for you.

I like it. $26 is a great price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is to hoping we didnt accidentally purchase a polish version. cry. I sent the storefront a message asking about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Spiers
United States
Summit
Mississippi
flag msg tools
If you hear anything please let me know. I'll keep you posted as well. I briefly scanned the storefront to see what else they offered and nothing threw up any kind of flag. Prices were consistent with other stores and everything was in English so hopefully that's just a bad item photo that somehow got put up on Amazon. I wasn't thorough or anything but usually you can tell pretty quick. Plus everything is handled through Amazon and any issue I've ever had has been quickly resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Max
United States
Cinci
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ugh. I really struggled with this one. The components seem fantastic and I love a big heavy box for $26. But a lot of the reviews say it's too light and random for gamers yet too complicated for families etc. And then it can take 2 hours to play.

But then I watched Rahdo's review and it looks like a lot of fun. He's keeping it, but then he rates it at almost the bottom of all his ratings. But then he says it's his #1 favorite pirate game in his top 10 pirate games!

I've got a lot of games that I bought because they were cheap. I guess I'm the reason Asmodee raised their prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
Ugh. I really struggled with this one. The components seem fantastic and I love a big heavy box for $26. But a lot of the reviews say it's too light and random for gamers yet too complicated for families etc. And then it can take 2 hours to play.

But then I watched Rahdo's review and it looks like a lot of fun. He's keeping it, but then he rates it at almost the bottom of all his ratings. But then he says it's his #1 favorite pirate game in his top 10 pirate games!

I've got a lot of games that I bought because they were cheap. I guess I'm the reason Asmodee raised their prices.

On the 40 to 50$ range, i wouldn't have bought it. This isnt the first time i looked at this game. For 26 bux though, hell yeah. If anything for the metal coins alone. Ive spent that much on just coins before. I do enjoy dice from time to time, and randomness. If you go in it with the right mindset I'm confident it won't be a bad game. I also have kids, so im sure they will enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What kept me from pulling the trigger on this one was the "shipped from China" part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheMightyKong wrote:
What kept me from pulling the trigger on this one was the "shipped from China" part.

that's from the 14 dollar one. The 26 dollar one is prime and shipped from the us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:

Well, it's still a 7 which means it's a really great game, on my scale. It would rate high 7 instead of low 7 if the complaints i had in my final thoughts were addressed (which maybe the expansion does do), but in spite of that, it's still the one i have the most fun with, and if i was forced to only have 1 pirate game in my collection, it's the one i would keep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Well, it's still a 7 which means it's a really great game, on my scale. It would rate high 7 instead of low 7 if the complaints i had in my final thoughts were addressed (which maybe the expansion does do), but in spite of that, it's still the one i have the most fun with, and if i was forced to only have 1 pirate game in my collection, it's the one i would keep

Hey Rahdo! Ok, I watched the video again and I get it now - the length. What a blast tho'. I love everything about it. BGG does not seem to love games like these that straddle the line between serious and light - but we love both types of games - we love randomness and we love fun so next time this comes around I'm getting it.

PS - thanks Rahdo for your videos so that we can really decide if we like a game or not by watching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game group truly disliked it, and asked it not be brought back, but I like it and I bought the expansion at GenCon this year.

As I recall, and I haven't played it in about a year or so, I felt there was some imbalance/runaway leader in the way you get the cards for points. Not sure if this has been addressed by now.

Good deal for those who got this for $26.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuxedomouse wrote:
Dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hot diggity. It's back if you missed it the first time. $26.15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.